• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Felt right at home as a new member

Jokedaw

CCA Members
Hi All -- Joined last week and went to the meeting/auction on Saturday. What a great introduction, loved it and even came away with some great fish! I live less than 3 miles from JFK HS, so the meeting location is great for me. I've been an off-and-on fish keeper, but always favoring cichlids. Started with Jewel Fish and Krebensis in the 60s and moved into the African rift lake fish in the early 2000s. I was in Hong Kong then and had a steady stream of Melanachromis Johanni and Tropheus Duboisi young to offload.. Just got back into the hobby after a decade out of it. I am looking to restart a Tropheus Duboisi Maswa colony and would appreciate any tips on where I can obtain these fish. Also looking for Pseudotropheus Saulosi too (I see them called Chindongo Saulusi now). Thanks for the great welcome!!!

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the CCA! :) Also following this thread, I am interested in anything Tropheus related.

Jokedaw

CCA Members
Hey Marz -- know anyone in the Greater Chicago Cichlid Association? A member there is advertising sale of 10 WC 4"-6" TD Maswa for $320. I sent, 3 emails last week but got no reply. I'd be willing to drive up there and deal with buying them personally.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Marz -- know anyone in the Greater Chicago Cichlid Association? A member there is advertising sale of 10 WC 4"-6" TD Maswa for $320. I sent, 3 emails last week but got no reply. I'd be willing to drive up there and deal with buying them personally.

I don't and that's a long drive to Chicago. Check https://www.mikescichlids.com/ to see when they'll have more Masawa in stock. Also check with T Troyale

Last edited:

Economizt

CCA Members
If you want fry, a few guys on craigslist in Ashburn/Herndon and manassas has tropheus duboisi. If you want wild caught, e2 aquatics is out in Laurel and he gets duboisi regularly

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Welcome and glad you enjoyed the meeting! Above suggestions are sound, both Mike's and Dave's are top quality vendors and supporters of the club.

Not likely to see those fish at the swap meet, but it's worth attending if you're free on June 11th.

Jokedaw

CCA Members
If you want fry, a few guys on craigslist in Ashburn/Herndon and manassas has tropheus duboisi. If you want wild caught, e2 aquatics is out in Laurel and he gets duboisi regularly
Great! Thanks a lot. I try calling over to e2 and check on Craigs list.

Jokedaw

CCA Members
I don't and that's a long drive to Chicago. Check https://www.mikescichlids.com/ to see when they'll have more Masawa in stock. Also check with T Troyale
Hi Marz, Economizt gave me great tips. E2 Aquatics in Laurel imports and should have TDM next month, according to his Facebook page. I have messaged him. In the past he's asked $36 for the WC fish. There's Chibi-aquarium, a breeder in Manassas, that has a vast supply ranging from1/2"/1"/2" at $5/10/15. He has both a facebook and web page with lots of fish. Have a great weekend

Jokedaw

CCA Members
Hi Marz,
WOw -- you are a champ! Thanks for the great info. Looks like the WC are coming to e2 next month and Chibi-Aquarium is flush with various sized critters! Now I have to decide...
WOW -- you are a champ Economizt! Thanks for the great info. Looks like the WC are coming to e2 next month and Chibi-Aquarium is flush with various sized critters! Now I have to decide...

Economizt

CCA Members
Hi Marz,

WOw -- you are a champ! Thanks for the great info. Looks like the WC are coming to e2 next month and Chibi-Aquarium is flush with various sized critters! Now I have to decide...

WOW -- you are a champ Economizt! Thanks for the great info. Looks like the WC are coming to e2 next month and Chibi-Aquarium is flush with various sized critters! Now I have to decide...
If you mention you are CCA member, vinh (pronounced like wing but with a v) will hook you up with 10% off. I got tropheus cherry rainbows from him and they are super healthy and have had a few batches of fry. Bring buckets! His fish house is awesome and worth a visit.