• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feeling more optimistic today.

TeamPisces

CCA Members
Today is turning out to be a pretty good tank day. In my last post, I admitted to losing a bunch of fish due to not quarantining. It appears that my two surviving fish have made a full recovery or were never touched by the ick or other disease/infections in the tank. Since my last post, I have added a sponge filter. There is a noticeable increase in bubbles and surface agitation. I am still running 2 AC 110 filters. I added new sponges and bio-media. I some ammonia in the tank with the just the two fish and I have done at least 3 40% water changes. It has been at least 4 days since my last water change. Ammonia is 0ppm, Nitrites 0pmm, Nitrates 10-20ppm. PH is surprisingly up between 8.3 and 8.4. I cannot figure out why PH has increased. It is usually around 8.0 - 8.2. The temp in the tank 82 degrees. Two fish that I have are peacocks (swallowtails). I admit that I did not know much about peacocks. I read that some peacocks will sift through the substrate for food. They rarely eat from mid or high up in the water column in my tank. However, I fed them North Fin from Supercichlids this evening. They woke up for those North Fin pellets. I think my short term goal will just be to stay with some smaller less aggressive Mbuna like some yellow labs, rusties, acei. I purchased an FX4 canister. I plan to upgrade to a 75 gallon and used the FX4 with at least one of the AC 110 filters.