• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Epic fail?

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."- Winston Churchill

After a lifetime in the hobby, I can occasionally reflect back on some of the great successes that I’ve had...and on some of the many, many failures that I’ve been involved with! Failures aren’t that bad, really. In fact, their pretty darned helpful...As the sayings goes, “Nothing is ever wasted- it can always serve as an example of what NOT to do!”

Really.

IMG_4491_b10df9da-9a0f-4acb-a602-ec80ff5723b9_grande.JPG

I was thinking about my worst-ever aquarium disasters, and, fortunately, there have not been all that many...However, the ones I have had have been notable...and educational!

My biggest mistakes came out of my own arrogance, really.

Usually, they were "created" when I tried to do something that disregarded simple logic (and a century of aquarium common sense), like trying mixes of fishes that were absurd, overstocking tanks...stuff like that. (click to read more)