• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Ellobiopsidae

CichlidDan

Members
I noticed one of my cherry shrimp has Ellobiopsidae. Has anyone been successful at treating? Should I treat the tank or isolate the infected shrimp?

Becca

Members
That's not eggs. I've never seen anything like that before. A few articles suggest that under feeding, over crowding, and infrequent water changes can create conditions that make shrimp vulnerable to this.

I'd cull that shrimp and step up water changes. What size is the tank and what else is in it?

CichlidDan

Members
That's not eggs. I've never seen anything like that before. A few articles suggest that under feeding, over crowding, and infrequent water changes can create conditions that make shrimp vulnerable to this.

I'd cull that shrimp and step up water changes. What size is the tank and what else is in it?
Yea I didn’t think they were eggs. 46 gallon. 15 neon tetras, 3 guppies and 8 cherry shrimp. I’ve been doing 35-40% water changes every 2 weeks, I will change that to every week.

Becca

Members
I noticed today that the green stuff disappeared.
My understanding is that they can molt it off, but other shrimp may eat it off the molt and become infected if it's reached the "fruiting" stage.
I'm not really sure, though because I don't have any personal experience with this.

CichlidDan

Members
My understanding is that they can molt it off, but other shrimp may eat it off the molt and become infected if it's reached the "fruiting" stage.
I'm not really sure, though because I don't have any personal experience with this.
Thanks for the info. I took out all of the molt I found in the tank.