• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Duckweed How To Get Rid Of It

Sonny Disposition

I got three baby Tropheus sp. Red Lupota at the auction. So far, the duckweed is outpacing them.

Do they have to grow up before they'll eat it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Mar 24 2008, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love duckweed!!! :wub:

Solutions: (what works for me)

1) Keep Tropheus - I'll sell you a breeding group. :D

2) Embrace the horror!!!

3) Lots of fish (as previously mentioned) eat duckweed - great for "regularity".

T.M.S.[/b]

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Mar 24 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love duckweed!!! :wub:

Solutions: (what works for me)

1) Keep Tropheus - I'll sell you a breeding group. :D

2) Embrace the horror!!!

3) Lots of fish (as previously mentioned) eat duckweed - great for "regularity".

T.M.S.[/b]

I like the embrace the horror one BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko: :beamup:

animicrazy

Members
Submariner,

As I will (hopefully) graduate in May with a BS in Psychology I will be happy to bs with you about your problems! :FIREdevil:

TMS

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Apr 3 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Submariner,

As I will (hopefully) graduate in May with a BS in Psychology I will be happy to bs with you about your problems! :FIREdevil:

TMS[/b]

It better be a real leather couch Paul....not a pleather wanna be couch, because if I'm going to sit there and tell you my fish problems I at least want to be comfortable. :rolleyes: :p :blush:

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Apr 4 2008, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Apr 3 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Submariner,

TMS[/b]

It better be a real leather couch Paul....not a pleather wanna be couch, because if I'm going to sit there and tell you my fish problems I at least want to be comfortable. :rolleyes: :p :blush:
[/b][/quote]

Might be easier to deal with the Duckweed!! - BUT I do have real leather couch, love seat, and chair. The dogs will comfort you while I pick through the remnants of sanity that are (hopefully) still residing in your cerebral cortex.

TMS

Sonny Disposition

Nasty as it is, Duckweed does fulfill a function. I cleared the stuff out of my 55 long and did a 50 percent water change. Now I've got some blue green algae starting up. I'd debating whether to peroxide the tank.

I'm worried about the clowns, though, because they don't have scales. (Unlike the A. stuartgranti, the yellow labs, and the big ugly feral Florida pleco.)

Pleather couches, I don't know if they fulfill a function.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Apr 5 2008, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Apr 4 2008, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Apr 3 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Submariner,

TMS[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Might be easier to deal with the Duckweed!! - BUT I do have real leather couch, love seat, and chair. The dogs will comfort you while I pick through the remnants of sanity that are (hopefully) still residing in your cerebral cortex.

TMS
[/b][/quote]