• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dubai 2013

Sriracha

Members
Went to Atlanta for my connecting flight to Dubai for vacation last week and decided to hit up some of the aquariums there. Absolute shock at some of the stuff I saw (African Cichlids with beavers, overstocked tanks, etc. etc). But overall impressive infrastructure. I also have some video too for anyone who's interested, just haven't had time to upload them yet. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98242131@N04/sets/

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Those leucistic managuense are beautiful.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Very interesting how they have incorporated the artwork and sculptured backgrounds into the tanks at the Atlantis Aquarium.

Great pics look forward to the video, thanks for posting.

Ading522

Members
Went to Atlanta for my connecting flight to Dubai for vacation last week and decided to hit up some of the aquariums there. Absolute shock at some of the stuff I saw (African Cichlids with beavers, overstocked tanks, etc. etc). But overall impressive infrastructure. I also have some video too for anyone who's interested, just haven't had time to upload them yet. Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98242131@N04/sets/

thanks for sharing.. but were they really beavers? or otters.. i was watching a documentary called Jewel of the Rift from Nat Geo and in lake Tang there are spotted neck otters in the lake.. its a pretty cool documentary even though its old..anyone know of other african cichlid documentary?

Sriracha

Members
Of the three of them you visited which was your favorite? Which was the most impressive?

I would say the Atlanta aquarium was the most impressive, and much better maintained / informational than the ones in Dubai. But in Dubai the Atlantis was the best one, the theme and atmosphere there made you feel as if you were in a spaceship.

Sriracha

Members
How was the rest of Dubai?

Matt

The amount of money people spend on things there is outrageous, but I guess its just the lifestyle. Started getting used to seeing rolls royce, bentleys and ferraris driving casually down the streets. In Abu Dhabi they have Lamborghini aventadors as normal police cruisers.

Sriracha

Members
thanks for sharing.. but were they really beavers? or otters.. i was watching a documentary called Jewel of the Rift from Nat Geo and in lake Tang there are spotted neck otters in the lake.. its a pretty cool documentary even though its old..anyone know of other african cichlid documentary?

I believe they were coypus, or some sort of river rat, but what was the most shocking was they had Malawi cichlids in the tank with them, and there were hundreds of them laying on the bottom of the tank breathing heavily. I'm assuming it was a ph issue. The aquariums in the mall were all incompetently maintained (excluding the large show tanks).