• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dirty Python

mscichlid

Founder
Anybody have a method for cleaning the mold out of a python. I've been fighting for an hour trying to pour bleached water in the darn thing. It ain't workin'! :FIREdevil: :angry3: :angry3: :angry3:

tash

Members
for bleach you could use a funnel.... or a bathtub.

could also use vineger that way, not as bad if you don't get it all out....

tie a string to the tail of a mouse and send it down. then use the string to pull a brush through... problem with that is the mouse might not understand that it isn't a real python.... :wacko:

Similar to the mouse ...use fishing line and a small fishing weight to traverse the hose and once through tie a bristle type pipe cleaner to the string and pull through......after you soak it in bleach in the tub....either that or go to Home Depot and get new hose.....

maddog10

Members
I use a trashcan with water/bleach and submerse everything. Then I just dump some of the water into the "business end" of the python. Then elevate it to let the water/bleach mixture run through it. Do this a couple of times, then let it soak overnight. After that do the same process in a trashcan with declor/water and let it soak overnight. If you have mold, you have gone a long time between water changes! Bad Franny :woman2:

mscichlid

Founder
I use a trashcan with water/bleach and submerse everything. Then I just dump some of the water into the "business end" of the python. Then elevate it to let the water/bleach mixture run through it. Do this a couple of times, then let it soak overnight. After that do the same process in a trashcan with declor/water and let it soak overnight. If you have mold, you have gone a long time between water changes! Bad Franny :woman2:[/b]

No wonder I was having a hard time! I was trying to use that method in a 5-gallon bucket! :smashfreakB: Mike, I don't know if it's mold or not. It's just dark brown stuff. What do you mean? My fish get water changes once a week.

DeeCee

Members
I've used that same method to get the grunge out - but have to admit I haven't done it here lately! I used to hook the python up to the faucet afterwards & blast hot water through it to get rid of any leftover grunge or bleach too.

Francine, now that you have a system down, we'll let you practice it over here~~ Here to help ya!

DC