• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dicrossus maculatus

finzz

Members
Some of you folks have shown some interest in D maculatus, so I dug out some old breeding information, scanned it and tried to post it (we'll see what happens). These fish are very colorful and fun to watch, and about the only thing they require is soft water. The more recent spawning included different water conditions than back in '98. This time the fish spawned in 6.5 pH, 79 degree F, 41 ppm tds water and the eggs had a very good hatch rate.

Attachments

• Dicrossus maculatus article.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Dicrossus maculatus report.pdf
    546.1 KB · Views: 4

finzz

Members
Here are some pictures that show the last spawn/grow-out. I apologize for the tank & glass conditions of some pics, but I try not to freak out the Mom and young fish by cleaning.
20161102_162236_zpswpyrulgj.jpg
D%20maculatus%20young_zpsfpo5yqfe.jpg
D%20maculatus%20with%20fry2%202_zpsxwunc6cq.jpg
D%20maculatus%20young_zpsuhdeat79.jpg

Becca

Members
Wow! Outstanding article and pictures. I've never even noticed the difference in head shape in the sexes.
I spend a little too much time staring at them... at least I used to back when they were in a tank that was front and center.