• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Dave's Rare Fish

Cartel

Members
Almost certain I'm in with out even looking I'll check it out when I get home

Edit: nevermind spoke too soon sorry doesn't have what I want right now.

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I may be interested. When are you thinking about making the order? I need to make some room before the order.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm in for a pair of adult spilostichtus. How do you want to do it? Pay him directly for the fish and divvy up shipping?

Has anyone ordered from them before? How is their shipping?

A bit nervous about ordering big fish, but these guys are on my list for the big tank.

Last edited:

Jumbie

Members
I have order from them before, Dave’s a really great guy, he has very good communication, and shipping is reasonable and very well packed. I have never order any fish larger than 3" but I don’t think there would be a problem with his Lg fish shipments. Ask Sarah she would probably know best, and Kevin I might want to get in on this order but it all depends when it's placed.

fischfan13

Banned
I'm in for a pair of adult spilostichtus. How do you want to do it? Pay him directly for the fish and divvy up shipping?

Has anyone ordered from them before? How is their shipping?

A bit nervous about ordering big fish, but these guys are on my list for the big tank.

Tony, Dave is great to deal with.
We (ECC) did a huge group buy from him last June and he has shipped to our auction as well.

Tony

Excellent. Thanks for the advise, Bill and Josh. I've made a few mail orders over the last several months from other folks, but always end up getting fish under 3" or so. Shipping a "Large" spilostichtus would be shipping a pretty big fish (I hope)...6"+.

I emailed him to get his opinion. If they won't ship well (or will take up too much box space), I can get a group of juvies and grow them out. :)

fweed

Members
I would like a couple of lemon jakes and a couple lawandas Is it possible to let me know a date when you are going to put in the order. Need to make room

Yes, I need two more of his 2+ synodontis lucippinis. How does this work? Do you just divide shipping between everyone? Do we pick up from you?

Jumbie

Members
Tony from what I could remember he takes a while to respond to emails, I think you will get a quicker response if you call; I could be wrong. Usually with large orders like this individuals pay Dave directly for whatever they buy, then the order is shipped to a person’s house. Most likely this person will be Kevin's since he started the post and the coast of shipping is dived among all participants.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Daves a great guy and a shipping pro ;)

the best way is to divvy up shipping as a percentage of weight. Looks like mo's folks are in montg county...

Matt

Tony

Tony from what I could remember he takes a while to respond to emails, I think you will get a quicker response if you call; I could be wrong. Usually with large orders like this individuals pay Dave directly for whatever they buy, then the order is shipped to a person’s house. Most likely this person will be Kevin's since he started the post and the coast of shipping is dived among all participants.

Thanks! I'll give him a call. :)

The most inexpensive way will also be to have it flown to an airport.

^^^^^ Definitely. We should try to do it that way if we can.

BTW, I'll be out of town from Friday evening through Tuesday evening, so if you guys are getting the order delivered then, then no biggie; I can pass. :)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
The most inexpensive way will also be to have it flown to an airport.

Bill's right! Dave likes to ship to BWI and the price is better. I picked up a couple boxes from him at BWI a year ago and all the fish arrived just fine.

Jumbie is also right. To do business with Dave is best over the phone so give him a call and let him know that you are a CCA member, okay.

RM