• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cheapest Aragonite EVER!

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've been shopping around for Aragonite that I'm planning to mix with Carib Sea Ivory Coast and I came across this gem. I want to give it a shot. Has anyone tried this before? I'm curious how it maintains the pH. $8.99 for 50 lb and she looks friendly in the pic though :D

shell.JPG

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
Oh hell yeah. I found a Tractor Supply in Poolesville, I might pick up a bag today after work.

Looks like it raises the pH a little higher.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
That’s exactly what it’s for, to solve calcium deficiency in chickens, looks like it can also be used as substrate for African cichlids.

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
I found a tractor supply in poolesville and picked up their last bag. It’s a little dusty but with a good rinse I think it will do the job :D

JLW

CCA Members
I would be concerned about the purity of it.
Chickens don't care if they're eating some nitrate and phosphate, your fish tank will. :)

Marz

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to dump it right into my fish tanks, my plan is to test with a fishless tank and measure the water conditions first. Even after than, I let a couple of my frys/juvis with deformities test swim it and see how it goes :D