• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CAS Update 11/24/2018

Jay

CCA Members
CAS had a busy week combined with the Holiday. I did not get a chance to do many grow out counts. I will try to update some I missed next week.

If you are interested in any of the fish on the special order lists, please be sure to order them by email to cichlidsarespecial1@gmail.com by Sunday at 8:00 pm. Special order fish will arrive Thursday, November 29, 2018, and clear Quarantine December 14, 2018. If you want to get them before December 14, you should plan to quarantine them for two weeks just in case they pick up any issues during shipping from the wholesaler.

Winter weather has come early to PA. At this point, it looks like the best day to ship by UPS this coming week is Monday 11/26/2018. Tuesday and Wednesday nights are going to be iffy due to the cold overnight. SWA shipping should be able to go directly out of BWI Thursday afternoon for delivery later that day to an airport cargo unit near you when I pick up my incoming fish. Some areas, especially in the northern US, may remain too cold to ship.

Local pickups are especially welcome during these cold spells when shipping is restricted or not available. 2018 has been a very odd weather year. Way too much rain in our area. Summer weather into late October. Winter temperatures in November that are more like January and February. Early 8.4" snow storm in November. This is causing unusual early winter shipping delays.