• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

CAS 02/07/2021 Update

Jay

CCA Members
My first book “ My Experience Keeping Lake Malawi Cichlids” is now available in paperback through Amazon.com See https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TYJYCBJ?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860 This 256 glossy print page book with photos is a guide for keeping Lake Malawi fish. The main focus is on Aulonocara Peacock Cichlids and Lake Malawi Haplochromines with a small amount of Mbuna. My book covers water conditions, Bio, Cycle, pH, Idea Temperature, hiding places, Food, Breeding, Illness, How to Keep these fish successfully, companion fish, tank sizes, and most importantly compatibility.

The book is print by demand for $39.95

If you bring a copy to me when you do a local pickup or at the Big Fish Deal, if it returns, I will sign them if you like. Let me know you plan to do this, so I have a pen with me. I do not want to have these sent to me and then ship them with fish orders due to concern of them getting damaged if a fish bag leaks.

Please consider buying one when you cannot buy fish or during the winter months when fish sales are slow due to shipping delays. Sales of these books will help me keep my business going. I hope to have an eBook version of this book completed shortly as well. In the future, I plan to work on a guidebook for Mbuna.

Shipping:

Winter Weather shipping delay. If you cancel an order during a weather delay you will receive a credit toward a future order and not a refund
. I do not advise canceling under these circumstances. Wait it out and you will get the fish you order, even if they have grown larger. If you cancel someone else may buy them and you may not be able to get them back later.

If you are using SWA Cargo, the runner to BWI (Baltimore) gets to BWI around 8:00 pm. This means if the weather is not below Freezing before the truck can get to the BWI Cargo unit and if the next day’s weather is clear and not well below freezing on either end, I will be able to ship your fish Monday through Thursday unless I am swamped with UPS orders on Weather hold that need to go out.

UPS Orders.
The weather needs to be above freezing during shipment. In order to ship the temperature must not drop below freezing before the fish are likely to be in the cargo unit at the other end at night and the weather will be above freezing at the other end while the fish are on the truck for delivery. UPS Air can be shipped Monday through Thursday. There is some risk on a Thursday delivery could be delayed to Saturday if things go wrong. UPS Ground must be shipped Monday through Wednesday. UPS will not deliver ground on Saturday. UPS Ground orders requiring shipment out of Lancaster to get to their destination in one day must be shipped through the Postal Connections Store System on a Monday or Wednesday only. No UPS Ground shipments out of Lancaster on Monday Holidays. Orders on-hold take priority over new orders for each of these methods. In most cases, I can only ship SWA Cargo or UPS Air at the same time in order to make the trip to Harrisburg for the runner to BWI.

Check out the location of the UPS Center near you. You can avoid the fish being carried on the Truck during cold weather by choosing to have your fish delivered to the UPS Center for pickup there. Keep in mind UPS Centers are normally closed Saturday and Sunday.

The week of February 8 is to be too cold and snowy for most shipping. There is a chance I might be able to get a few orders out going to a UPS Center or by UPS Next Day Air to MD.

The following is my list for counts this week. Discount Club Members, be sure to log on to get even better prices on the fish listed below. New arrivals are from my last order from my wholesaler. Once they clear out of my quarantine area, I will set up another special order, hopefully in February. Cold weather is delaying shipment of the bulk of the pre-sold fish from that order.

Many of my fish are sold out as I wait for more to grow out. Check the counts weekly to see what I find.

Aulonocara Peacocks

Aulonocara sp. "Lwanda" (Red Top Lwanda)
One 4 inches male plus one 3.5 inches female plus three 3 inches females Regular $77.00, Sale $41.50, One 5 inches male plus One 3.5 inches female Plus Three 3 inches females Regular $89.00, Sale $48.00.

Aulonocara sp. "Turkis" (Europe) (Rare) One 3 inches male $26.00, One 3 inches male plus five 2.5 inches females $74.00 (More growing out, coming soon)

Lake Malawi Haplochromines

Lethrinops Albus Kande (Rare) (Europe)
One 3 inches ¾ color male $25.00 (More should be available in about three weeks)

Mbuna

Cynotilapia zebroides "Cobue" (Orange Top) Rare
One 2.75” Male plus Three 3 inches females plus One 2.75 inches female plus one 2.5 inches female $48.00, Two groups of one 2.75 inches male plus two 2 inches females (Trios) $27.00, One 2.5 inches male plus five 2 inches females $46.00, Five groups of one 2.5 inches male plus two 2 inches females (Trios) 23.00 each, Two 2.5 inches males $11.00 each,

Special Order Fish For extra information on the Special Order fish with an *, please purchase my book. Photos of most Special Order fish can be found on cichlid-forum.com as well.

Local Pick UP Be sure to go to the New Spring Garden Township Building parking are on Tri-Hill Road. I am no longer able to use the Church parking area and the older police station next to the new building is now being taken down to make room for a new park.