• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Can Tropheus and Brichardi Dafodils be tank mates?

Digital

Members
I picked up 8 juvy tropheus and 4 medium sizes Brichardi over the weekend at the Raleigh Aquarium Society's auction. I only had 1 40g breeder prepared and put them all in there. right now they are still very skittish, and I am wondering if they will work out long term.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Yeah, Jon is correct. Long term, trophs need a 4 foot tank with a good amount of current. They also prefer a heavy veggie diet whereas the Brichardi are more carnivorous and would like the protein. Two other potential problems I foresee is that; 1. once the Brichardi spawn they are pretty aggressive in defending their territory which MAY stress the trophs. Trophs aren't push overs on their own but depending on the Brichardi, it might cause secondary issues with them. 2. You need at least 10 trophs of one group. The more the better. IME once adult group numbers drop below 10 its just a matter of time before there is only one. At least you have time to find more to add to the juvies that you have.