• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Build wooden racks

HapPeacock

CCA Members
Hi, I am looking for someone to build stack of Woden racks to hold 75 gallons.

Please let me know if you know anyone.

Thanks.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
cabinetmkr39 cabinetmkr39 has made them, but I don't know if he would do it to sell .

I built a set, along with a few for 40 breeders, and another custom size ,it's really not too hard, but I'm not sure if I'd have the time or desire to build more .

I'd be happy to lend a miter saw to anyone that wants to build their own, but home depot will also cut each piece once at no charge.

A drill and a tape measure ,plus a level are really the only other things you need besides a design.

HapPeacock

CCA Members
cabinetmkr39 cabinetmkr39 has made them, but I don't know if he would do it to sell .

I built a set, along with a few for 40 breeders, and another custom size ,it's really not too hard, but I'm not sure if I'd have the time or desire to build more .

I'd be happy to lend a miter saw to anyone that wants to build their own, but home depot will also cut each piece once at no charge.

A drill and a tape measure ,plus a level are really the only other things you need besides a design.

Thank you, I saw some videos, hope I would be able to build one.

Planning to get the circular saw to build the dado joints.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Miter saw will work for dados too, you just have to be more careful. I also have a circular saw you'd be welcome to borrow too.

chriscoli

Administrator
It's not too hard to build your own custom racks, as Mike said. Watch Ted Judy's videos to see how he makes the dados. I had many racks to build so I used a router with a home-made jig but if you only have a few to make, that's overkill.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I've built three stands now. Each one gets a bit better and looks a bit better. You'll make mistakes on the first one. Just don't glue anything down until you're sure its nice and square. If I wasn't so busy with school work right now, I'd be glad to lend a hand. I have a garage full of tools to help.