• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Boo boo or disease?

captmicha

Members
Just look at my poor Rainbow. Is this wound fight related or disease? It wasn't there last night.

In a temp 29 with another rainbow (think I might have two males) and four little
Guianacra.

Water conditions are good. Don't have time to get out my test kit right now to post parameters.

What's the course of action for a wound or lesion besides keeping the water clean? Is Melafix actually worth buying, or is it not clinically proven to be effective? If I have tea tree oil, should I just use that instead? Dose? And it's it something that isn't safe at different hardnesses and pH?

Not joking, do they make anything for pain? It's been proven that fish can experience it.

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3385.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
It looks like fight damage to me.

I've used Melafix in the past and think it helps. Lots of water changes are good as well.

captmicha

Members
Do you guys think that one is a male? The other's head is just like it.

I'm wondering if it's not recommended to keep two of the same sex when you don't have a group.