• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Bioballs Compartment(box)

Artee

Members
I am currently setting up a 40 long as a wet dry trickle filter,

any ideas of what i can use for the bioballs box that can fit into the 40 long, I may have to make one using acrylic sheets if I can't find anything suitable for this purpose. the 40 long is about 10.5" deep, the sterilites don't come in this size.

maddog10

Members
Go to the Container Store (there is one in Tyson's Corner) and look around. Lots of ideas in that store.

BTW: Let me know if you need Bioballs, I have 30 gallons worth (Brand New - Never Used)

Artee

Members
container store, why didn't i think of that, was going to target and walmart.

thanks mike, got the bioballs already.

Charlutz

Members
I tried to find a container to use for my 40L and had no luck. It's a narrow tank. I ended up building the sump that I wrote about for the club journal last time around. I have an acrylic box that I was using for the 40. It's not pretty but will do the job and hold enough bioballs for a 300g tank or more (8 gallons or so). I posted it on the trader page a while back, but you've done me enough favors Robert. It's yours if you want it.

Artee

Members
Charlie.
If it'll fit in the 40 long, I would love to have it if you don't use it anymore, will save me a lot of work as I am planning to buy acrylic sheet and make my own box.
will you be at the Jan. meeting ?

Robert

Charlutz

Members
Charlie.
If it'll fit in the 40 long, I would love to have it if you don't use it anymore, will save me a lot of work as I am planning to buy acrylic sheet and make my own box.
will you be at the Jan. meeting ?

Robert[/b]

Yes, I plan to be there. I'll bring it. Just to make sure, by 40L, you mean the 48lx16hx12w right? I didn't measure, but those are the approximate dimensions of mine.

Artee

Members
it's definitely for a 40 long.

I may be driving up to delaware this weekend, maybe I can come by on my way home,saturday around 1 pm.

Robert

Charlutz

Members
it's definitely for a 40 long.

I may be driving up to delaware this weekend, maybe I can come by on my way home,saturday around 1 pm.

Robert[/b]

Call me when you get through the tunnel to give me a half hour lead time. I have family in, so not sure what the plans will be. I'll pm you my cell number.

longstocking

Members
Just wanted to say ... very cool Charlie ! That's what this club is all about !

:party0018: :sign0191: :sign0191: :sign0191: :jumping0002: :happy0065: :happy0065: :happy0100: :happy0100:

Charlutz

Members
Robert -

Clean out your in box! :D Thanks for the bloodworms. Hope the box works for you. It's a tight fit for the tank. If it won't go easily, try putting a little vegetable oil on the sides to make it slick. The only flaw I found in it was that I wanted a second tray for filter floss. The blue/white pads that I used in the top tray let a little too much particulate matter through. You could suspend another sheet of eggcrate below the top tray and put the floss there. Good luck.

Artee

Members
Charlie.

It was a perfect fit, just scrape a bit on the plastic trim , really appreciate you giving this to me, I will have the 180 running by tomorrow, just finish the plumbing today. I found a small sterilite container and added another box on the 40 long to run the 110.
by the way, you have a very nice house and neighborhood.

Happy new year.

Robert -

Clean out your in box! :D Thanks for the bloodworms. Hope the box works for you. It's a tight fit for the tank. If it won't go easily, try putting a little vegetable oil on the sides to make it slick. The only flaw I found in it was that I wanted a second tray for filter floss. The blue/white pads that I used in the top tray let a little too much particulate matter through. You could suspend another sheet of eggcrate below the top tray and put the floss there. Good luck.[/b]