• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD Hotel Parking and Info

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Information for people regarding parking at the hotel:

Parking at the hotel is normally $15 per day, but a special rate of $5 per day was negotiated with the hotel. This is for all attendees, not just people staying at the hotel.

People who book a room will likely get an email confirmation that references parking at $15 per day, but this is just their form response. When arriving at the hotel, make sure to stop at the front desk and inform them you are there for the event so that parking can be validated. Will provide more specific information once we have it.

There is street parking that is free on the weekend, and parking at the Twinbrook Metro station next door is free on weekends also.

The hotel has only guaranteed the rate and room block through this thursday. Its very possible rooms will be available after this, and also possible the special rate of $99 will be available, but better to book early if possible to be safe. Currently all BFD attendees are located on the same floor of the hotel unless otherwise requested.

Becca

Members
We have to pay for parking? :eek:

I'd imagine this might impact marketplace attendance as well as how many non-attendees we get coming in and checking out the tank displays/asking for more information about the club and event.

Thanks for negotiating a lower rate for us! ;)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
We have to pay for parking? :eek:

I'd imagine this might impact marketplace attendance as well as how many non-attendees we get coming in and checking out the tank displays/asking for more information about the club and event.

Thanks for negotiating a lower rate for us! ;)
Yeah, it wasn't ideal, but we thought the hotel was still a better value.

The room night rate at Gaithersburg was $109, so for anyone staying at the hotel, its actually cheaper per night, and we think its a higher quality hotel and location.

We were really outgrowing the space in Gaithersburg, so this location gives us an opportunity to expand. With nearly double the amount of conference room space, we can bring in more vendors, and have more tables available in the Sunday marketplace. We already have about double the amount of vendors coming this year, who will be available on Sunday also, so there is added value to this year's marketplace.

There is also more space to set up tanks for the Aquarium Beautiful competition, we were starting to get a little cramped at the previous location.

We're hoping the metro access will give more people an opportunity to attend, and people parking at the location will have a more secure location.

After the event we'll be soliciting feedback from any and all attendees, so we'll know if the move was worthwhile. This will impact if we stay at this location, or evaluate other locations. Of course anyone that has suggestions or improvements to offer is welcome to join the planning committee for 2019.;)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Just got an update that the room rate of $99 per night is guaranteed through the weekend. I'll update next week with any further details.

Becca

Members
I have a silly question, maybe - if we have to come and go multiple times throughout the day, do we get stuck paying for parking each time, or is it a day pass of some sort?

MHMoro

CCA Members
The $5 is per each trip so I recommend that you park in the Safeway parking lot which is located near the Hotel or across the street at the Congressional plaza shopping center which has a lot of parking slots.

JLW

CCA Members
I don't know about the Safeway parking lot, but I do know that they sometimes tow from Congressional Plaza.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The reservation site says the rate is no longer available, but in options there is a $99 rate available, just a weird logistics issue. Not positive it will be available until next weekend, so book early if you can.

You do have to book through the link to get the special parking rate though. If anyone has a problem with the parking rate, please contact MHMoro MHMoro and it should be resolvable.

Only one week to go!

Becca

Members
The reservation site says the rate is no longer available, but in options there is a $99 rate available, just a weird logistics issue. Not positive it will be available until next weekend, so book early if you can.

You do have to book through the link to get the special parking rate though. If anyone has a problem with the parking rate, please contact MHMoro MHMoro and it should be resolvable.

Only one week to go!

Ah - so if you're not booking a hotel room it's $15/day for parking? At that rate the parking costs more than the convention.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Ah - so if you're not booking a hotel room it's $15/day for parking? At that rate the parking costs more than the convention.
No, $5 no matter what, just meant if hotel says any different.

Got some weird info from hotel but it was passed through other people , just talk to MHMoro MHMoro with any issues.

Becca

Members
No, $5 no matter what, just meant if hotel says any different.

Got some weird info from hotel but it was passed through other people , just talk to MHMoro MHMoro with any issues.

Yep, I've been in touch.