• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

BFD 2016 Marketplace/Vendor Volunteers

jonclark96

Past CCA President
CCA:

If things go according to the current plan, our set up will be much like it was in the past, where we have the Montgomery Room on Friday and Saturday and the Ballroom on Sunday. We have several weekend long vendors (Batfish Aquatics, Tangled Up In Cichlids, Your Fish Stuff, and maybe a few others) that will be set up in the Montgomery Room and then need to move to the ballroom Saturday night/ Sunday morning. There are still variables at this point in time as to when we can get in the ballroom, but we will need a group of folks who can help the vendors break down their set ups and move across the hotel. I know this is a PIA, but we really need some folks to help out.

Please post up here if you can help. It may be late night depending on timing.

Thanks,
Jon

lkelly

Members
Last year I witnessed Josh moving what looked like a 29 gallon tank that was at least half full of water. Based on that solid work, I believe Josh can be counted on to move all the various vendors' equipment and perhaps the entire Montgomery Room itself.

Of course he will do all this with just one arm while he nurses one of the aforementioned beers in his off hand.

Becca

Members
Last year I witnessed Josh moving what looked like a 29 gallon tank that was at least half full of water. Based on that solid work, I believe Josh can be counted on to move all the various vendors' equipment and perhaps the entire Montgomery Room itself.

Of course he will do all this with just one arm while he nurses one of the aforementioned beers in his off hand.

If you want Josh to move tanks, somebody had better show up with a nice Highland whisky for the lad.

This is normally something I would happily do for beer - but apparently I'm supposed to be avoiding that and heavy lifting until June... If anyone thinks it'd be of great use, I think I have one of those hand-truck furniture lifting things buried in the garage somewhere.

lkelly

Members
If you want Josh to move tanks, somebody had better show up with a nice Highland whisky for the lad.

Fueled by whiskey, he might be able to move heaven and earth. I was just trying to keep expectations in check.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Becca - any thing to help move without brute strength is appreciated. Can't say for sure if we need it, but if you can bring it, that would be great.

Anyone else going to be around to assist?

JLW

CCA Members
I still remember being at a convention and hearing Rachel O'Leary's distinctive voice reaching a unique shrill note as she screamed, "WHAT THE" hmm, my keyboard seems to have stopped working "ARE YOU DOING" at me....

I may have been carrying a full 33-gallon at the time.