• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Beware Southwest Cargo Via Dulles!

OMG, Long night last night. I call to see if my fish have come in and the cargo place at Dulles says yes. We go all the way there and they say hold on we will check, then they said it again, and again. Until 2 hours later with Southwest on the phone no one can find the package.. They see it leaving KY but not arriving in the black hole of an airport Chicago. So We go home and have no idea where or when the fish will be in.

Come to find out speaking with southwest they say that there are a bunch of Dumb people and the package could be at the airport but there is no way to tell. Southwest does not manage that location as one of their own they pay a 3rd party. And at least from KY there are no direct flights to Dulles which means it must layover. Layovers mean that there is a better chance of them messing something up:wacko:. As most of us know that have had our luggage lost.

This morning I get a call 6:30am Sir your package has arrived. I said so I happen to know that no flights have come in since I saw you guys last. The guy says thats not my problem because he did not work last night. He said you better hurry to come and get this package there are live fish in it. I say no S___ Sherlock. After changing my work schedule around I go out to Dulles again this time in rush hour taking me 2 hours to get there and get my fish.

They are in their tank now and I am at work. I hope my guys are doing ok at home. I need a web nanny cam. lol

The most frustrating shipping situation ever.

I am staying positive because they were looking pretty good for the most part. But, man their water was so hot when I got home. It took an hour of floating before the bags even got close to tank temp.

dogofwar

CCA Members
It costs a bit More but I don't ship thru airport cargo. I use ups or ISPs and have them hold the fish for me to pick up.

From julie or rapps it's like $20..

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
Glad to hear they made it!!! I can only imagine what you were going thru considering what fish you were getting. Can't wait to see some pics!!!

DonkeyFish

Members
OMG. Seriously. ANYONE SHIPPING TO DULLES: I literally live 7 minutes from the airport (if I'm the one driving, LOL). If it's a situation like this where you're 2 hours away PLEASE LET ME KNOW. That's ridiculous. I'll go stomp my feet and get answers. NOBODY ignores the angry redhead in the room... LOL!

Glad it worked out ok in the end. So sorry I couldn't help this time! Maybe next time...

longstocking

Members
They should be fine :)

Shipping fish can be fun.... always plan for them to be late. It's just how it works :lol:

Only one time I have gotten fish early !

Half the time... it's about where they have put them. I don't know why that is either?

Cargo is the best for the fish... but it's the most work. Luckily I live close to BWI... so it's not too much of a pain in the you know what !

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Glad it worked out for you pat. I've never had fish shipped cargo, but I haven't ordered much online either. Looking forward to updated pics in the tank.