• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Best repashy gel food for pleco/guppy tank?

Acara19

CCA Members
I plan on doing something similar to what aquarium co-op did, and buy some repashy gel foods to coat one of my pleco caves in, just so they have something to constantly graze on.
I'm picking between repashy's
Morning wood- mostly made of various algae, flowers, plants, and fruits, as well as some other vitamins (made for mostly herbivorous/wood eating plecos)
Community plus- made of various plants, seaweeds, algae, fish/squid/krill meals, as well as some vitamins (made for pretty much anything that'll eat it)
Soilent green- made of mostly different types of algae as well as shrimp and krill meal (made for omnivorous/primarily herbivorous species)
so which one should i go with for the pleco/guppy tank?

Leffler817

CCA Members
What kind of plecos do you have? Will you be using this as your only food source or will this be supplementing your fish's main dish?

Acara19

CCA Members
I have bristlenoses, I wanna try giving them a better staple diet, since the only pleco food I have right now is algae wafers, and they also eat leftovers from the guppies and there's a piece of driftwood they munch on. I think I'm settling with the soilent green, I couldn't find the igapo explorer on amazon, plus the guppies can still eat it and it'll be good for them too since it's got protein mixed in there too.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
I have bristlenoses, I wanna try giving them a better staple diet, since the only pleco food I have right now is algae wafers, and they also eat leftovers from the guppies and there's a piece of driftwood they munch on. I think I'm settling with the soilent green, I couldn't find the igapo explorer on amazon, plus the guppies can still eat it and it'll be good for them too since it's got protein mixed in there too.
Have you considered just feeding them zucchini and/or yellow squash? I pick some up during my regular grocery runs, slice it up and freeze it. Just microwave it for a few minutes until it's nice and soft and it sinks just fine and my bristlenose's absolutely devour it. It's what I primarily feed mine with the occasional algae wafer (which contains a lot of fish protein). I tried to feed them the Repashy Soylent Green and they didn't seem to care for it. Of course that's just my experience and your mileage may vary. I'd wager that your guppies would appreciate the squash as well.