• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Back in the hobby!

Chris H

Hey gang, New member here. I am just getting back into the hobby. 5 tanks set up since November - I love Craigslist! I have a 220 gallon from CL going through a refurb that will eventually house African Cichlids. Looking forward to learning more about them here. I currently have about 20 I picked up on CL in a 90 gallon. They are mostly of the "Petco" variety and I am not sure of all their names. I do know I have 2 Jack Dempsey's, 1 Yellow Lab and 3 Venustus. I know the Dempsey's really shouldn't be in there but they were raised with 10 other Africans I bought and really hold their own well. If any of you experts want to throw out some names on these guys, that would be awesome!

Looking forward to the BFD this weekend, can't wait!17098487_1622078237809962_945284024843320658_n.jpg

stany

CCA Members
The ones with a blue body and yellow tails look like Pseudotropheus Acei (yellow tail acei) The one with the blue with vertical stripes in the middle looks like a male Pseudotropheus Socolofi.The blue one on the right looks like a Placidochromis Sp. Phenochilus Tanzania (star sapphire), The one on the left with dark spots and yellow fins looks like a Nimbochromis Venustus ( giraffe cichlid). The yellow one in the middle could be your yellow lab if I had a side view. The others do not have any colors/markings as adults or juvenile's I am familiar with to say what they could be. I am somewhat new but have kept Rams for a year now and just started an all male set up. I am in California due to a death in the family and am missing the BFD. Welcome to the group and I'm sure others here in the forum or at the BFD can help identify what I couldn't. Great bunch of folks here.

Chris H

The ones with a blue body and yellow tails look like Pseudotropheus Acei (yellow tail acei) The one with the blue with vertical stripes in the middle looks like a male Pseudotropheus Socolofi.The blue one on the right looks like a Placidochromis Sp. Phenochilus Tanzania (star sapphire), The one on the left with dark spots and yellow fins looks like a Nimbochromis Venustus ( giraffe cichlid). The yellow one in the middle could be your yellow lab if I had a side view. The others do not have any colors/markings as adults or juvenile's I am familiar with to say what they could be. I am somewhat new but have kept Rams for a year now and just started an all male set up. I am in California due to a death in the family and am missing the BFD. Welcome to the group and I'm sure others here in the forum or at the BFD can help identify what I couldn't. Great bunch of folks here.

Chris H

Sorry about the death in the family. BFD was a blast although I should probably stay away from the auction next time! Thanks for the info on these. I think through repetition, some of the names are starting to sink in.