• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaScaping Materials

JLW

CCA Members
Aqua Scaping Materials --

One of my wholesalers has picked up a line of rock and wood. I am doing a ONE TIME order of this stuff for the local clubs. If there's demand, we might do another one in 6-12 months, but no way I'm going to regularly deal with rock. :) With the exception of some of the wood that's listed per piece, price is per pound. Rock and wood should be delivered by the November meeting, or you can pick up at Silver Spring. Absolutely no shipping! :)

You can try to specify sizes of peices, and I'll ask, but I make no promises. I've provided some descriptions of the material below, but please use google images. Try "whatever rock aquarium" for your best results.

Cost below is an estimate, and final cost may vary slightly based upon final weight. For example, if you order 6 pounds or rock, and they only have two four pound chunks, you will get eight pounds and will owe me a couple bucks. Similarly, if you order 8 pounds, and they have two three pound chunks, I owe you a couple of bucks! (Just like ordering apples from an online grocer -- you know there is no way you're going to get exactly 3 pounds of apples, so you accept that you'll get 3.28 pounds and have to pay for that excess). All orders should be pretty darn close to the requested weight.

Picks will go to first orders received -- so if two people order five pounds of that gorgeous, awesome glass rock, the first person gets to pick their five pounds and the second gets whatevers left! I'll likely be ordering /more/ than what you guys do, so you should all get some pick (except glass rock. I'm not ordering glass rock. As a matter of fact, please no one order glass rock).

This is an introductory price on it. IF I somehow go crazy and do another order in six months, expect the prices to be significantly higher. For any ROCK ORDER over 10 pounds of one type, subtract 10%. For any ROCK ORDER over 25 pounds of one type, subtract 20%. This applies regardless of whether one person or ten people order it.

Orders must be received by the 27th, and payment by PayPal to BatfishAquatics@gmail.com must be received by the 30th. I will post whenever we hit one of the discount levels on ROCK with the updated price.

Wood
Caspian Wood, XL (Per Piece) -- $49.99, 3+ @ $39.99
Jungle Wood, MD (Per Piece) -- $14.99, 3+ @ $11.99
Jungle Wood, SM (Per Piece) -- $8.99, 3+ @ $6.99
Malaysian Wood, Show (Per Piece) -- $399.99
Malaysian Wood, XLG (Per Piece) -- $69.99
Malaysian Wood, XXLG (Per Piece) -- $129.99
Mopani Wood, MD (Per Piece) -- $24.99
Mopani Wood, SM (Per Piece) -- $12.99, 3+ @ $11.99
Tiger Wood, Show Size (Per Piece) -- $129.99
Vuka Wood, Small (Per Piece) -- $12.99
Western Driftwood, Small (Per Piece) -- $9.99
Western Driftwood MD/LG (Per Piece) -- $49.99
Western Driftwood XLG (Per Piece) -- $99.99
Western Driftwood Branch, Large (Per Piece) -- $39.99
Western Driftwood Branch, XLG (Per Piece) -- $79.99

African Mongo Root -- $6.99 / LB
Cork Bark Flats -- $9.99 / LB
Cork Bark Mini Tubes -- $12.99 / LB
Cork Bark Tubes -- $10.99 / LB
Cork Wall, 12 x 24 -- $34.99 Each
Cork Wall, 24 x 36 -- $69.99 Each
River Wood, Nano Sized -- $9.99 / LB
River Wood -- $12.99 / LB
Talawa Wood -- $19.99 / LB

Rocks
Glass Rock, Assorted Colours -- $4 / LB
Black Island Lava Rock -- $4 / LB
Black River Rock-- $4 / LB
Black Snailstone-- $5 / LB
Blue Petrified Wood-- $4 / LB
Blue Sodalite-- $5 / LB
Dark Hill Stone-- $4 / LB
Dragon Stone-- $4 / LB
Exotic Green Slate-- $4 / LB
Faryland Stone-- $8 / LB
Freak Stone (Red Creek Jasper)-- $5 / LB
Galapagos Rock-- $4 / LB
Green African Tumbled Stone-- $5 / LB
Green Slate-- $4 / LB
Lace Rock-- $4 / LB
Lavender Lepidolite-- $4 / LB
Leopard Rock-- $4 / LB
Light Maple Leaf Rock-- $4.50 / LB
Maple Leaf Rock-- $4.50 / LB
Moon Stone-- $5 / LB
Ocean Flower Rock-- $6 / LB
Pagoda Stone-- $4 / LB
Petrified Wood-- $4 / LB
PIcture Stone-- $5 / LB
Purple Jade Rock-- $5 / LB
Purple Slate-- $4 / LB
Rainbow Rock-- $3.5 / LB
Rainbow Slate-- $4 / LB
Red Jasper Stone-- $4 / LB
Red Jasper, Tumbled-- $5 / LB
Red Lava Rock-- $4 / LB
Red Pagoda Stone-- $4 / LB
Redwood Stone-- $5.25 / LB
Samurai Rock-- $4.25 / LB
Seiryu Mini Landscape Stone-- $4.25 / LB
Tiger Eye Stones, Tumbled -- $5 / LB
Tsingy Rock-- $5 / LB
Volcanic Red Glass Rock-- $4 / LB
Yangste Stone-- $4 / LB

Other

Banana Leaf -- $1
Dried Catappa Bark 6" -- $3
Guava Leaves -- $1
Indian Alder Cones -- $0.50
Indian Almond Leaves -- $1
Mulberry Leaves -- $1

Milwaukee TDS Meter -- $69.99
Milwaukee pH Meter -- $39.99
Tropica Scissors, 25 cm -- $29.99
Tropica Tweezer, 25cm -- $22.99
Tropica Glass CO2 Diffuser -- $12.99

Descriptions:
Please note that all descriptions are mine, and I did the best I can. I haven't seen all of these, and I can only give you my best! When all else fails, google images is your friend.

Wood
Jungle Wood -- Medium coloured wood, not particularly branchy.
Malaysian Wood -- Usually dark on one side, light on the other, curvy, with lots of detail
Mopani Wood -- Fairly dark coloured, very heavy wood. Usually sinks immediately.
Jungle Wood -- Medium / Dark lightweight wood.
Malaysian Wood -- Standard aquarium driftwood. Medium colour, medium weight.
Vuka Wood -- Very light weight, hollow wood typically used for terrestrial stuff (hermit crabs).
Western Driftwood -- Light coloured, medium weight wood.
African Mongo Root -- Heavy, medium coloured wood, usually pretty knotty
Cork Bark Flats -- Flat sheets of cork
Cork Bark Mini Tubes -- Small tubes of cork, up to 2" diameter
Cork Bark Tubes -- Larger tubes, up to 6" diameter
River Wood -- Dark coloured, basic driftwood. Almost black.
Talawa Wood -- Medium coloured, super branchy wood.

Rocks
Glass Rock, Assorted Colours -- This is literally chunks of glass, and comes in bright colours. Perfect for winning GWAPA aquascaping contest.
Black Island Lava Rock -- This doesn't look like lava rock. It is black, porous, and has melty sections
Black River Rock-- Smooth, black stones, fairly similar to the stuff you see used in homes (but somewhat larger)
Black Snailstone-- Dark grey, fairly smooth stones
Blue Petrified Wood-- Dark grey to blue coloured petrified wood
Blue Sodalite-- A reltaively light coloured rock with blue streaks
Dark Hill Stone-- Dark black, angular rock
Dragon Stone-- Dark brown rock with many nooks and crannies in it.
Exotic Green Slate-- Really cool slate, green in colour, sometimes with streaks of yellow.
Faryland Stone-- Dark grey with some brown or darker streaks, forms interesting shapes, like castle walls.
Freak Stone (Red Creek Jasper)-- A greenish to grey rock with lots of red and orange streaks, like a toddler with a crayon.
Galapagos Rock-- Roundish, dark black rocks with lots of interesting pattern to them.
Green African Tumbled Stone-- Smoothed, dark green stones.
Green Slate-- Basic off green slate pieces.
Lace Rock-- Light grey coloured, extremely porous, lightweight stone. Will raise pH.
Lavender Lepidolite-- Purple or lavender coloured roundish stones with streaks of white.
Leopard Rock-- Dark grey stone with white stripes throughout, usually roundish
Light Maple Leaf Rock-- Light brownish stone, lots of interesting pattern with green and white.
Maple Leaf Rock-- Dark brown stone, web pattern throughout.
Moon Stone-- Grey, porous stone in interesting shapes. Looks like chunks of moon rock.
Ocean Flower Rock-- Beautiful smooth stone, polished finish. Typically dark brown with white and lighter patterns.
Pagoda Stone-- Medium brown stone in interesting shapes that lends well to building and stacking.
Petrified Wood-- Medium brown stone with some grey. Interesting shapes that look like chunks of wood (because it once was).
PIcture Stone-- Shiny, dark brown rock with interesting patterns of black and white in it.
Purple Jade Rock-- Beautiful, smooth rock. Deep purple with cobalt and blue streaks.
Purple Slate-- Dark grey to purply slate.
Rainbow Rock-- Streaks of light brown and white, you know this rock.
Rainbow Slate-- Same as above, but in flat stones.
Red Jasper Stone-- Blood red coloured stones, with some brown and white.
Red Jasper, Tumbled-- As above, but smoother in appearance
Red Lava Rock-- Come on.
Red Pagoda Stone-- A deeper, reddish brown than standard pagoda stone, but still similar shapes.
Redwood Stone-- Resembles petrified wood, and I assume its petrified redwood. Has a deep, red-brown colour.
Samurai Rock-- Angular shapes, dark brown with white streaks.
Seiryu Mini Landscape Stone-- Interesting shapes, small sizes, dark grey with white streaks.
Tiger Eye Stones, Tumbled -- Finished, gem like stones with orange and white streaks.
Tsingy Rock-- Medium grey rock with interesting shapes, lots of nooks and crannies, caves.
Volcanic Red Glass Rock-- This is not glass rock. It's a red to brown volcanic rock, fairly pretty and interesting looking.
Yangste Stone-- Dark brown, roundish rocks with lots of texture.

Last edited:

JLW

CCA Members
Just so you know, anyone ordering glass rock...
I reserve the right to throw it at you. LOL. :)

Seriously, it is really kind of pretty in like a kid's tank or something. I'd be careful with fish choices, as it is chunks of glass, and it does sometimes have edges.

Fishn'

CCA Members
I would like .87 pounds of the glass rock, blue, with bubbles frozen in time within. If this has any relation to Dragon Stone, and can kill white walkers, I'll take two pieces.

Then 1.16 pounds of the Exotic Green Slate with the yellow lines going horizontal. The horizontal direction is key. Non negotiable.

Please and thank you.

(Meant to be funny...)