• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquamania. Friday progress report?

chris_todd

Members
Anton's talk on CARES was good, and made me feel guilty for not keeping at least a few CARES species. But in a good way. :)

Shane's talk on Loricaridae (sp?) was excellent, and reminded me of a talk Wayne Leibel gave at the Catfish convention several years ago. I learned a lot.

And the hospitality suite was both hospitable and entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

CCA Members
How awesome were Anton Lamboj's and Shane Linder's presentations last night at AquaMania 2 (The Big Fish Deal)?

This hobby is about so much more than fish commerce.

Anton started the evening by setting our heads on straight...and Shane transported us all to South America for a fun and engaging education in Loricariid cats.

A few excellent speakers: that's AquaMania 2 (The Big Fish Deal). More to come starting at 9:30 with Rusty Wessel!

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
There's some AMAZING stuff that's going to be in the AquaMania Saturday Night Rare Fish Auction...a great mix of CARES fish, rare and unusual cichlids, cats, livebearers, inverts and other fish from all corners of the world...even Madagascar.

Which is just perfect!

Thanks to Dave, Mike and Jen, COA, Frank, Terri, Mahesh and all of the folks who have so generously donated to support CCA...

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Blown away by how much help and support that we've gotten from CCA members (and other attendees of AquaMania)! Too many folks to name and I'll forget some. Please forgive me :)

Thanks to everyone who got the Aquarium Beautiful Competition set up and organized...and entered the competition. Thanks to Sam, Frank, Stephanie and George for spearheading this. Way to represent!

Thanks to Andrew, Christine, Bruce, Jim, Holly and the other folks who are making registration run like a well-oiled machine!

Thanks to Jason C for making our AV set-up look like a million bucks (for several orders of magnitude less)...and for dealing with computer freeze-ups like a pro (oh yeah, he is)!

Thanks to Pat, Jesse, Christine, Manuel and other folks for running all over the DMV to retrieve speakers, boxes of fish, etc, etc.

Thanks to Mike, Jon, Tony, Jesse and other folks for getting getting the group buys, fish storage and rare fish auction set-up and ready to go.

Thanks to Chris Todd, Eric, Herman, Mahesh and other folks who jumped in and helped out where needed.

Again, I'm sure I'm forgetting folks...so many folks were helping and contributing, so please if you see someone helping out, please give them props here :)

Matt

frankoq

Members
Water change done yesterday. check
rocks re-arranged to welcome new fish. check
got small denomination bills to pay for fish. check
PFS packed for the guy that requested some. check
Camera charged, ready and packed. check
Got up early to round up the troops. Take them to Bfast and then to AQUAMANIA2!!

all set! woohoo!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Only about 80 lots in last night's Rare Fish Auction...but all really good - and unusual stuff. All donations. So grateful for the generosity!

Thanks to Mike O'Shea, Jim, Christine, Andrew Schwartz, Jon, Tony and everyone who made the auction run like a clock...even with a new credit card process. I heard not a complaint.

Thanks to Kurt Johnston who did a masterful job of auctioneering. Thanks to Rusty, Pam, Anton and Shane for sharing insight on fish that no one else had heard about. It helps get the bids higher :)

And thanks to the BABES who have been raising money and inspiring people to care about cichlid conservation for 20 years! A nice donation check is coming their way on behalf of the CCA and AquaMania...

Matt