• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaMania 2014 - Would you go? Volunteer?

AquaMania 2014 - Would You Go? Volunteer?

• Planning to register...and volunteer to help!

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Planning to Register for the Speakers...but leave the volunteering to others

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Planning to attend the Marketplace Only...but can volunteer to help!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Planning to attend to the Marketplace Only...and leave the volunteering to others

• Not planning to attend

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogofwar

CCA Members
The CCA Board has secured a proposal from the Hilton in Gaithersburg for AquaMania 2014 (Mar 14-16, 2014).

Before we commit to holding this event, the Board would like to know the extent to which our members will support it - by registering to attend and by volunteering to help.

Please vote in the (anonymous) poll and share your thoughtson whether you support having AquaMania in 2014 (or not)...

Thanks,
Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
In all honesty....

In all honesty folks, the response we receive on this thread will have an impact on whether this event will happen or not next year. In the end, we had a pretty decent volunteer turnout, but there were still many volunteers who were completely overloaded. We have over 175 paid members (and over 200 attendees) and the bulk of the work fell on about a dozen people.

This will not happen again next year. It's very simple: either folks step up to support the club or we do not have an event.

Do you want to have AquaMania next year? It's up to you, the membership.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
What is there to help with? Because being a kid in all i cant really help with everything.

There's tons of places where anyone can help. :)

Not everything is heavy physical lifting or counting money. There's jobs big and small.

dogofwar

CCA Members
In fact, because there's not a fish show and not an all-day auction, there's not really too much heavy lifting.

Just a need for people to help with things like registration, setting up the Give a Kid a Tank Competition, Kids Activity Table, hanging signs...and otherwise representing the club :)

Matt

There's tons of places where anyone can help. :)

Not everything is heavy physical lifting or counting money. There's jobs big and small.

Forester

Members
I could set up the give a kid a tank contest. It might be good for a kid to do it. It would show the youth in the hobby.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There are plenty of small jobs that can be spread out to volunteers:

- Registration (multiple people needed throughout the event)
- Silent auction help with sheets, bags, monitoring
- Bagging fish from silent auction
- Kids table
- Kids decorating contest
- Registration

I think the event was a tremendous success, but we need help to keep it going.

blkmjk

Members
I'm in I loved it and I wasn't even a member for the last one. And I still managed to volunteer. I hope I can offer more assistance on the next one!

Drew

NO GOOD DEED SHALL GO UNPUNISHED!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Premature orchestration?

With all due respect laddie, I dinnae wish to hear of such for at least six months.

Forester

Members
Come on everyone! If we don't get enough people it just wont happen! It was a success last time and it should be again this coming time. So sign up and put it in your calendars!!!

Depending on when the AGA convention is next, I should be around to help on the GWAPA end on. I'm the head chairperson for GWAPA for the convention.

Arlene

zackcrack00

Members
I will help set up the give a kid a tank competition! I will do anything but bag fish!!!! I don't really do that to well! But... I will be selling some fish next time, maybe split a table price with someone else in the club! Will have a HUGE tank by then, with lots of cichlids!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Not if we want to get a good rate on the hotel and/or have the rooms that we want available.

I promise this won't be 20 pages of (mostly futile) begging.

As El Presidente posted, if there's not enthusiasm to both hold the event...and support the club in pulling it off, then we shouldn't do it.

Matt

With all due respect laddie, I dinnae wish to hear of such for at least six months.

MHMoro

CCA Members
If we want this event to be a success we, CCA club members, should help/volunteer. Count me in!

Manuel

JasonC

Members
Well you know I am in for whatever. Probably wont be able to come with a packed cargo van of free gear this time, but still willing to do what I can to make it look and sound great!

And as someone in the convention business, I definitely agree with Matt... if you aren't thinking at least 9 months ahead, you are behind. I know the hotel that I work at has annual contracts 15 years out.... and yes, i said Fifteen.

Forester

Members
Well you know I am in for whatever. Probably wont be able to come with a packed cargo van of free gear this time, but still willing to do what I can to make it look and sound great!

And as someone in the convention business, I definitely agree with Matt... if you aren't thinking at least 9 months ahead, you are behind. I know the hotel that I work at has annual contracts 15 years out.... and yes, i said Fifteen.

I agree. If you dont plan ahead then its not gonna happen. And then everyone will be sad :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.