• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

April Meeting!

Acara19

CCA Members
What should I bring my platies in? I can't find my actual fish bags, but I do have chinese food containers and ziplock bags.

Acara19

CCA Members
I have them in tall deli cups for now. I labelled them with all the important stuff already, but you can still bring bags for them, that would be good.
One cup has my adult male, and it has this written on it:
*NOT FEEDERS*
*DONATION*
White mickey mouse platy
Adult male
*Great algae eater!*
The other cup has my 2 young males, bred by me:
*NOT FEEDERS*
*DONATION*
White mickey mouse platies
2 young males
*Great algae eaters!*

Acara19

CCA Members
Great meeting today! thank you to whoever got my platies... take good care of them!
When is the next meeting? I want to know when it is to know how old/big my marbled convict fry will be by then, I'm planning on bringing some.
I have 9, and right now they're 3 weeks old.

Acara19

CCA Members
Also if anyone is going collecting with Mr. Kent, let him know that there's a good variety of nice looking sunfish around here. I'm not sure exactly where to look but I've seen/caught dollar sunfish and redbreast sunfish.upload_2018-4-15_0-16-46.jpegdollar sunfish
redbreast-sunfish.jpg
redbreast sunfish

FishEggs

We caught some red breast sunfish at pennyfield lock.
20180415_120242.jpg
Also caught some of these.
20180415_114828.jpg
Colors werent as spectacular as the previous photos but it was still pretty cold with no sun and early in the season.
Thanks to Mr Kent and Mr Bock for a really great time and some good stories and memories for my son and i.

Acara19

CCA Members
that second one would be a bluegill.
their color patterns seem to vary depending on where you catch em and what they're eating.
The ones near the docks in little seneca lake for example are drab and greenish-grey with dark stripes, while the big males at the bottom of the lake that are eating more natural foods are prettier with light blue throats, red bellies, and green bodies.
I've even caught purple ones out of a pond in ohio.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Really enjoyed the meeting this month, Mr. Kent gave a great talk and brought some amazing fish to donate.

For anyone who wants/needs to contact Mr. Kent, he gave me a business card, his email address is lawrence.kent AT gatesfoundation.org

He mentioned that anyone who bought/won a bag of the fish he donated, could email him with questions, or to ask for additional fish if needed. I'm going to start another thread asking the people who got fish from him to post the name of the fish and list any information he gave.

Next meeting will be May 12th, I think Shawn mentioned it will be about constructing/designing summer tubs.

Carolineep

CCA Members
I am so bummed I missed his talk-
I mean come on CARES fish argh I hope we can have Mr Kent back another time.
Don’t suppose anyone taped part of it.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Caroline, you missed a great talk! It was awesome. People won T-shirts for paying attention to the talk! Lawrence brought 3 or 4 UNDESRCIBED species from Eastern Africa! He gave away a bag of fish from Lake Kiva! Amazing, truly amazing.

I recorded the whole thing....

Pattie

CCA Members
It was a fantastic meeting. I was fortunate to get in auction some hap. sp KK Beach from the Uganda side of Lake Victoria. They are fry for now looking forward to watching them grow out