• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistogramma Trifasciata

abcdefghi

Members
Just wanted to post a picture of these 2 little guys I picked up from Don a couple weeks ago. The female appears to have picked out a hollowed out piece of driftwood to set up in and is turning a much brighter shade of yellow. I doubt very much they will spawn, but they certainly don't seem all that fussed in my hard well water (8.3pH)

They might well be the smallest fish in the tank, but are really neat to watch exploring around. At first the male seemed to chase the female some, but now he looks to stick mostly to the left of the tank while she stays mostly over to the right. As I write that I look behind and see the male poking around outside the driftwood.

I will have to get some better pictures soon with a decent camera, the one on my phone does not cut if for moving subjects!!

Also a full tank shot, just because.

20170322_171302.jpg

20170322_171921.jpg

20170322_171949.jpg

Edit: I have no clue why my pictures are rotated that way, on my desktop they are rotated to a normal orientation!!

20170322_172711.jpg

abcdefghi

Members
Yep, thank you again! I was a little worried at first, but see them out and about more and happily eating. I have to make sure I bring you some plants (and those lights) next time I see you.