• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anywhere I can see a commercial 3D background?

cholile

Members
I've thought about buying a 3D background and/or modules, but I'd really like to see them up close. As I understand it, the only place to get back to nature modules is in Europe or one place in the midwest/south US. And, as expensive as some of them are, BTN backgrounds are even more expensive.

So, if that's right, it'd seem like what I'm hoping to be able to see at a local store somewhere is the aquaterra backgrounds (http://www.aquaterra-intl.com/products.html).

Does anyone know where I can go to see firsthand what the different backgrounds and modules look like?

mscichlid

Founder
I know how to make them but don't have the time. I figured it would be something I'd do when I retired, but the way the economy looks I'll have to work until I die.

Maybe I'll do an How to article one day.

I know how to make them but don't have the time. I figured it would be something I'd do when I retired, but the way the economy looks I'll have to work until I die.

Maybe I'll do an How to article one day.
Man, Franny, that post was a total tease....nanny nanny boo boo, I know how and maybe I will tell, Now we all want to know how.....whats it going to take? Baggodapnia cowherdi?

cholile

Members
I'm sure $200 for 4' x 20" is a very fair price, but why do you think it is an excellent price? You can order it from aquaterra for $138. That is LA and I imagine shipping is a lot, which is why I bet $200 is about the right/fair price after shipping is included from aquaterra. Still, I'm wondering if I'm missing something and am curious why you think it's not only a fair price, but indeed a great price?

F8LBITE

Members
I priced to ship one and shipping was $150+ This was a while back so it might be cheaper nowadays.

cholile

Members
Wow! Then that's what I was missing. Wish aquaterra, or some other company produced these on the east coast. Half the cost is shipping.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'm sure $200 for 4' x 20" is a very fair price, but why do you think it is an excellent price? You can order it from aquaterra for $138. That is LA and I imagine shipping is a lot, which is why I bet $200 is about the right/fair price after shipping is included from aquaterra. Still, I'm wondering if I'm missing something and am curious why you think it's not only a fair price, but indeed a great price?

Jose (F8lbite) is right. Its not the weight, its the size. When I researched them they crate them for shipping, and the shipping was almost as much as the background itself. $200 from discus hans is probably better than you'll find anywhere. And with the quality of his discus, I'd trust anything he sells to be top notch. I love the amazon one, I'm considering it for my 90g discus tank.