• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

any one uses the wet spot for ordering?

halak

Members
I have used them a few times and had good experiences. Once they even gave me free fish because they had messed up something minor. However, I know some people had problems with their orders.

Which bush fish are you looking for?

Acara19

CCA Members
I have had good experience. I'm ordering $118 worth of stuff from them as I type this. I am very caught between whether or not I should order girardinus metallicus with them because I am making a costa rica biotope very soon. Not sure if my parents would be ok with a $200 fish order at that point though. Shipping is to be expected being overnight and this distance, (~$50) but especially during these times I'm willing to pay extra to make sure $200 worth of fish don't get lost in the mail.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Always worth asking if anyone local wants to jump in on an order to help with shipping costs. It's not as easy coordinating pickup for people, but I recently ordered from Dave, two other people ordered with the same shipment, so we were all able to save some money on the cost. We just coordinated a porch pickup here for anyone that was worried about social contact. A large box can get expensive quick, but it was good to place a large order with a great vendor.

Good luck with your orders.

Goonie

CCA Members
once I get a ball park I"ll let folks here know if there is any one in the sterling area looking for anything specific. I don't mind 50-60 in shipping, had a guy from aquabid try to quote me 95 to ship me these things and had to back out.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Shipping should mostly depend on size and weight of the box, the distance seems to have less of an effect than I would've thought. Some sellers decide to tack on extra charges though, so you have to be careful with non-commercial shippers, but I've never had a problem with reputable vendors. It cost me $90+ to have fish shipped over night from Texas, but I think that was close to 20 bags of fish with decent weight.