• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Advice needed please

razor1914

Members
What's the best treatment for Skinny Disease/ Wasting Disease?....I have Peacocks and Haps.....I'll be quiet and listen to you guys....Thanks in advance for any help you can give

i'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like that's more of a symptom than a disease in itself. if all of the fish in a setup are experiencing it, i would suspect that either it is some sort of internal parasite, or maybe water conditions. if it's a parasite, i'm sure there are available treatments. if it's a matter of water conditions try a good change.
additionally, you'll likely get answers from people more knowledgeable than myself if you posted this under the "food, water and health" section here rather than the marketplace.
best of luck in any event.

A few more pieces of information are needed:

size of tank and all its inhabitants
water parameters, especially nitrate and with a liquid not strip test
some fish behaviour info -- are they eating? are they showing evidence of violence? is this affecting all fish or just some? is this sudden or chronic?
what food are you feeding?

If this is bloat caused by stress, for example, knowing the size of the tank and its inhabitants can help diagnose that even in the absence of observed violence

if this is a parasite, then you're most likely talking about treating the tank, I'd assume. There are various meds. I've used Parasite Clear before, although not necessarily successfully. There is also a good anti-parasite food. I want to say NLS Thera-A