• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

ACA - Anyone bringing fish to show?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Also thinking about it. Still on the fence...but I probably will... or maybe I won't and will just enjoy myself :)

Siena and I muled some fish to Louisville last year (and won 3 firsts, and some seconds and thirds).

It's honestly a huge PITA...especially if you bring your own water (as we do). We made the trip without any losses but it's a lot of work and added anxiety.

The water in Springfield is similar in pH but much softer than our local tap water. Shouldn't be a hard transition for the fish (vs. dumping them in liquid rock, as they have in say Cinci).

In the end, what wins or doesn't wins is really a roll of the dice. It's really like what I tell my kids, "You get what you get and you don't get upset" :)

And I do my very best to judge all fish on their merits when I'm a judge!

Matt

lkelly

Members
Has anyone tried a Sherlock Holmes hat on their fish in one of these contests?
[YT]-GaJPgI3jh4[/YT]

dogofwar

CCA Members
Ironically, I just (re-) watched that last weekend!

Are you and Lane The Younger planning to go to the Convention this year?

Matt

Has anyone tried a Sherlock Holmes hat on their fish in one of these contests?
[YT]-GaJPgI3jh4[/YT]

lkelly

Members
Matt, I would love to go but hadn't put in the plans. I lobbied my wife to check with her old high school friend that lives nearby in order to secure a free place to stay. I think my wife's dread of a long car trip with the kids sort of crushed that brilliant idea.

lkelly

Members
If I could figure out a carpool/hotel share, AND if I don't have training for work that week, it's a possibility. We're going as a family to Corolla in the middle of August so I have to keep my fish hobby costs down.

mchambers

Former CCA member
You'd pick a family trip to the Outer Banks over a fish convention? You need to rethink your priorities.

lkelly

Members
You'd pick a family trip to the Outer Banks over a fish convention? You need to rethink your priorities.

It's with the entire in-law family. So we're talking more along the lines of "picked for me" especially since I wanted to stay in a house literally ON the beach, but was outvoted. So the good news is that I'm paying for the trip and staying in a house far enough from the sand to make surf fishing inconvenient. On the upside, I have a nice stash of Hardywood Gingerbread Stout that I'm saving for the trip.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm not bringing anything up there, though I'm sure I will be bringing fish back, lol.

Going up there the weekend before the con and would be too much effort keeping fish going at Maria's folks' house.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Like Tony, No fish going but probably will take my set up so I can keep fish in the room and bring some back if there is something I just cant live without.