• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A year in the life....

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
"You’ve got to jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down.”- Ray Bradbury

Monsterfish_blackwater_grande.jpg

It's been a little over a year since Tannin "opened its doors" (electronically-speaking), and during that time, we've gone from being a "What is that about?" thing to "This is exactly what I was looking for..." to many hobbyists worldwide, and we're seeing more and more adventurous and excited fish geeks playing with not only our products, but more important- with the concept of using botanical materials to create truly more natural-looking-and functioning- aquarium designs.

IMG_4334_68bf15f7-4cfb-4ef3-81fd-e51782d9ae6d_grande.JPG

This has been a super gratifying experience, and I'm pleased to have played a small role in helping bring this much-underserved niche of the hobby to the forefront of more people's minds. Without a growing and engaged crowd, we'd just be a bunch of fish geeks playing with, as one of my friends gleefully asserts, "Twigs and nuts!"

That being said, I think we are starting to see a few techniques and "best practices" emerge from the darkness, based on the body of experience that we now have. A lot of this started with mental adjustments. Just contemplating setting up an aquarium with brown water and slowly decomposing leaves and botanicals is a huge mental leap for many of us, coming out of the "pristine-looking glass box" mind set that we've been indoctrinated into for so long. (click to read more)

dogofwar

CCA Members
"Just contemplating setting up an aquarium with brown water and slowly decomposing leaves and botanicals is a huge mental leap for many of us, coming out of the "pristine-looking glass box" mind set that we've been indoctrinated into for so long."

...or that clear water isn't necessarily clean!