• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

75 Tank Stocking

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I recently changed my 75 gallon from a Tang tank to a tank for my Christmas Fulu. I love the Fulu and they are growing like weeds. I was wondering if I Could or Should keep another species of Cichlid with them.

Current Stock: 4 adult BN plecos and 3 juvenile BN
11 Christmas Fulu
4 Nerite Snails

Filtration: 2 x Aqueon 75 HOBs
1 x Swiss Tropicals 5" cubefilter
1x Swiss Tropicals 4" cubefilter

Temp: 79-80
pH: 7.6-7.8

Thoughts? Stick with just the Fulu? Add some Peacocks? Add something else?

Carolineep

CCA Members
I think the only no-no is putting other Vic's in with them as they will cross breed.
Otherwise go nuts set up what makes you happy.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
A group of peacocks or mellow mbuna should be fine, just keep an eye on them. A 75 should be plenty of room if you have decent hiding places available.

Robinhud

CCA Members
if I understand correctly you should not place 2 types of haps in the same tank?
so I should not place chrismas in with my Nyererei?

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
Here you go. These guys are still fairly young at around 2.5" so I imagine the male will color up even more. Female is the lighter one in the photos. Sire is the one with more orange on the top of his dorsal

20170605_221213_HDR.jpg

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Cool looking, but not my cup of tea for this tank. Maybe some Lemon Jakes or Benga Sunshine or something of that nature. Bright yellows and blues.

stany

CCA Members
Glad to see you picked the Xmas Fulu. Very cool Vic. I would be interested in a male if you get them breeding.

Reed has a nice strain of Sunshine he breeds. Saw one at the February CCA meeting.