• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

6 Acarichthys heckelii for sale (full grown and juveniles)

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Hi all,

I have six (6) Acarichthys heckelii for sale. They currently reside in my 125g show tank. They are getting out-competed at feeding time by the Oscar, Heros, and Hoplarchus psittacus, so I don't think it's the right environment for them. I'd like to find them a new home. They range from 8" down to about 4". The 4 larger fish are showing full adult coloration. 1 of the larger fish has what appears to be HITH at some point in its life, but it has not progressed at all since I have had him/her, so as far as I know it is healed. He/she eats very well and still displays awesome color.

I got the 4 larger fish from Terrell Parker (CCA member). They were obviously well cared for by Terrell when I acquired them, and I've done my best with them for the 6 months they've been in my care. The 2 smaller fish I got from Imperial Tropicals. The small ones are showing the most effects from being out-competed for food, so they are a little bit skinny.

I won't be able to make the holiday party, so you'll have to be willing to come pick up at my house in Rockville, MD (about 10 minutes from the usual CCA meeting place).

I'm asking $120 for the group to CCA members (average of $20 per fish, with the larger fish obviously worth more and the smaller ones worth a little less).

Shoot me a PM on here if you're interested and we will work out a pick-up time. I'll net the fish after you arrive so that you can look at them in the tank to make sure you like them before we complete the deal.

A few photos of these fish can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/mDBPGvl

Thanks,
Rob

rsanz

monster tank newbie
SgvcbJ5.jpg

5Ny09B9.jpg

B6NSbFy.jpg

6LulqBc.jpg

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Another bump on these. No takers? Willing to piece them out if you are only able to take a couple.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
If you can wait another month, BFD is coming up and I can almost guarantee that somebody will jump all over this group. If I had the space I would take these guys. They are awesome looking fish!!

rsanz

monster tank newbie
If you can wait another month, BFD is coming up and I can almost guarantee that somebody will jump all over this group. If I had the space I would take these guys. They are awesome looking fish!!
I can wait, but I don't know if the fish can. Unfortunately lost one of the smaller guys this week - I do my best to spot feed them, but it's a real challenge with many voracious eaters in that tank with them. I worry that they will wither away by the time BFD rolls around. :(

At this point I just want to get them into a better home - am open to any offers...