• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

5 Wild Caught Tiger Striped Silver Dollars Available

bkfamus

CCA Members
5 Wild Caught Tiger Striped Silver Dollars (Metynnis fasciatus) (3-3.5") available in Frederick MD. Priced to move at $25 each. PU only. PM if interested
20220627_131725.jpg20220627_131704.jpg20220627_131700.jpg20220627_131613.jpg20220627_131612.jpg

20220627_131551.jpg

FishEggs

Wonder if they would bother with ludwigia. Its the only surviving plant I have with some Black Belt cichlids that ate everything else I put in the tank.

bkfamus

CCA Members
Wonder if they would bother with ludwigia. Its the only surviving plant I have with some Black Belt cichlids that ate everything else I put in the tank.

I think all plants are fair game with them.. I have a group of Spotted Silver Dollars (Metynnis lippincottianus) that devoured some ferns I had for months in a tank with Vieja melanura.. little lawn mowers.. ;)

FishEggs

I think all plants are fair game with them.. I have a group of Spotted Silver Dollars (Metynnis lippincottianus) that devoured some ferns I had for months in a tank with Vieja melanura.. little lawn mowers.. ;)
The black belts ate the Java fern I had in the tank too. It was the last plant they ate but they still took it out. The ludwigia is still there though. They searched out other plants that were growing surrounded by the ludwigia.

bkfamus

CCA Members
The black belts ate the Java fern I had in the tank too. It was the last plant they ate but they still took it out. The ludwigia is still there though. They searched out other plants that were growing surrounded by the ludwigia.

Good luck with the ludwigia..

BTW how many and what size Black Belts are you keeping and what's been your experience with them? I have 6 juvie melanura (lago peten) (~4") that I'm growing out in a 210.. also have a pair of breidohi (rio salado) on their second spawn in another 210.. Love both of them.. I was thinking of getting a BB for another tank, but read all the horror stories about their aggression and held off..