• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

2017 East Coast Flowerhorn Competition - Sept 30, Brooklyn, NY

dogofwar

CCA Members
20294508_456528794731240_6343799572283321200_n.jpg

dogofwar

CCA Members
East Coasters... get your fish ready and enter our UFA 2017 EC Flowerhorn competition, to see who will Reign Supreme!!!

Join us on September 30, 2017 for a day full of fun, raffles, meet and greet, and most importantly to see who will take home our coveted one of a kind UFA Trophy!!!

The event will be held at Along Tropical Fish in Brooklyn.. Even if you're not competing.. come join us.. bring your friends, family and whomever else your heart desires.. Share with them our awesome hobby... the wonderful world of Flowerhorns!!! Cheers!!! #1Love1Vision

紐約阿龍水族館
A LONG AQUA NY
4914 8th Ave.,
Brooklyn, New York

DATE: Sept 30, 2017 Saturday
TIME: 11am - 5pm

If you are into FH, Lucky Aquarium in Baltimore has some first grade FH. Here are some pics I took last week. This Asian store is similar to the former Beltway Aquarium, but a lot cleaner. I bought a few fish from this store (GT, EBA and a H. compressisep), all high grade and healthy.

IMG_3658.JPG

IMG_3663.JPG

IMG_3664.JPG

IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3656.JPG

fish6.jpg

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_3661.JPG

Carolineep

CCA Members
Ok question
I am not trying to create drama just wondering what CCA folks think.

When they rub up against your hand are they being personable or territorial?

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Territorial. Some fish learn that this means food, so they will do it, but I think it's mostly territorial.

I don't think it's just territorial. They are just nasty. All mature cichlid are territorial at breeding time, including mild manner angels and discus. But only certain cichlid attack hand at all time, off breeding and without a mate. Keeping FH solo actually makes them more nasty because their only target is people. Keeping FH is a macho thing, like caging a tiger. I don't know of any lady fish keepers interested in FH.

Last edited:

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I always thought that the Thai silk FHs were beautiful fish. Tank space and $$ have always been an excuse not to keep one...