• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

120g+33g+75g+accessories+discus

achansek

CCA Members
Hi,
I am a freshwater hobbyist into discus. I am taking a break from the hobby. I have the following set ups for sale.
Note: Tank & Stand dimensions are in inches. Dimensions are LxBxH where L -(left-right), B -(front - back), H (top-bottom). All my tanks are painted white with low VOC, latex paint that can easily be removed with a straight edge blade.
Pick up only. Cannot deliver.
Please wear a mask when picking up.
1. 33 gallon tank+stand - 40$ pic 1
Have mostly used this as a quarantine tank. I moved my discus a month ago to this tank to get more work in the fish room for a project.

Condition - bought used - holds water.
Tank dimensions 30"x12"x22.5"
Stand dimensions 33"x14"x30.4"
Reef ready - NO
Please note that I cannot part with this set up till the fish are re-homed.

2. 75 gallon tank+stand+DIY lid - 60$ pics 2-5
This was my display set up before I tried to upgrade. This tank has a sliding rail siliconed to the top so you can use two glass panes to create a sliding lid.

This set up has been with me for the past ~2 years ago.
Tank dimensions 48"x18.5"x21"
Stand dimensions 49.6"x18.9"x24.8"
Reef ready - NO

3. 120g tank+stand - 120$ pics 6-9
I decided to upgrade to a larger tank and bought this tank from a WAMAS user 6 months ago. I have replaced all bulkheads, valves and plumbing. I have also adapted one of the drain holes to be connected to a solenoid for easy drainage of the tank. I also decided to reseal the tank. While the reseal on the glass panes was successful, the reseal of overflow failed. Water from the tank leaks into the overflow. I do not have any more time/energy to work on the tank and have decided to take a break.

What is needed? The overflow should be removed with a flat pairing knife and the silicone has to be reapplied by holding the overflow down.
You will also get 2 tubes of the silicone that I used to seal the tank. (Momentive RTV103, black).
Condition - bought used - overflows need resealing.
Tank dimensions: 48"x24.4"x24.8"
Stand dimensions: 50"x26"x27.6"
Reef ready - YES

4. 48" HTG Supply T5HO light with used bulbs - bought used - 20$
5. 30W IP65 floodlight LED with remote - 2 years old 10$
6 . 3 x150W glass EHEIM Jager heaters - 2-3 years old - $10 each
7. 1 x 300W glass EHEIM Jager heater - 2 years old - $20
8. SunSun Canister filter with media - 4 years old - $20
9. 47 pieces of Ceramic bioStogie from Jehmco - unused $6 for 10 pieces (
https://www.jehmco.com/html/accessories_-_media.html)
10. Jebao CoralBox DCA 12000 - used exactly for 4 days in the last 6 months - Comes with an extension for float switch - $100
11. 55g rain water barrel - 39" tall, 22.5" diameter - bought used - $30

12. 7 mostly wild cross discus
Despite the size differences, they are healthy pack of discus. PM me with a reasonable price and we can take it from there.
VA Discus - Rose gold 5" - 1
VA Discus - Alenquer cross 5" -2
Mike Troxell - Trombetas X straight line turq 5" - 2
Roy Saric - Alenquer cross 4" - 2

33g_1.png

75g_1.png

75g_side.png

75g_side2.png

75g_top.png

120g_1.png

120g_2.png

120g_3.png

120g_4.png

floodlight.png

Light1.png

t5_1.png

fishcollage-01.png

fishcollage-02-01.png

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Shame but hopefully it's just a temporary break. I never like seeing people leave the hobby, but I try not to discourage it, assuming they know what is best for themselves.

I spent several years in College Park, fond memories. Those were some of the few years in my life that I didn't keep fish.

achansek

CCA Members
Shame but hopefully it's just a temporary break. I never like seeing people leave the hobby, but I try not to discourage it, assuming they know what is best for themselves.

I spent several years in College Park, fond memories. Those were some of the few years in my life that I didn't keep fish.
The 120 upgrade was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have worked on it for the past 4-5 months. The last step was resealing and the overflow didn't seal completely. SO decided to take a break. Besides working on my thesis leaves me little time to be working on DIY projects.

achansek

CCA Members
UPDATE:
I am a freshwater hobbyist into discus. I am taking a break from the hobby. I have the following set ups for sale.
Note: Tank & Stand dimensions are in inches. Dimensions are LxBxH where L -(left-right), B -(front - back), H (top-bottom). All my tanks are painted white with low VOC, latex paint that can easily be removed with a straight edge blade.
Pick up only. Cannot deliver.
Please wear a mask when picking up.
Have mostly used this as a quarantine tank. I moved my discus a month ago to this tank to get more work in the fish room for a project.

Reef ready - NO

2. 75 gallon tank+stand+DIY lid - 60$ pics 2-5
This was my display set up before I tried to upgrade. This tank has a sliding rail siliconed to the top so you can use two glass panes to create a sliding lid.
This set up has been with me for the past ~2 years ago.
Tank dimensions 48"x18.5"x21"
Stand dimensions 49.6"x18.9"x24.8"
Reef ready - NO

3. 120g tank+stand - 120$ pics 6-9
I decided to upgrade to a larger tank and bought this tank from a WAMAS user 6 months ago. I have replaced all bulkheads, valves and plumbing. I have also adapted one of the drain holes to be connected to a solenoid for easy drainage of the tank. I also decided to reseal the tank. While the reseal on the glass panes was successful, the reseal of overflow failed. Water from the tank leaks into the overflow. I do not have any more time/energy to work on the tank and have decided to take a break.

What is needed? The overflow should be removed with a flat pairing knife and the silicone has to be reapplied by holding the overflow down.
You will also get 2 tubes of the silicone that I used to seal the tank. (Momentive RTV103, black).
Reef ready - YES

4. 48" HTG Supply T5HO light with used bulbs - bought used - 20$
5. 30W IP65 floodlight LED with remote - 2 years old 10$
6 . 3 x150W glass EHEIM Jager heaters - 2-3 years old - $10 each
7. 1 x 300W glass EHEIM Jager heater - 2 years old - $20
8. SunSun Canister filter with media - 4 years old - $20
9. 47 pieces of Ceramic bioStogie from Jehmco - unused $6 for 10 pieces (
https://www.jehmco.com/html/accessories_-_media.html)
10. Jebao CoralBox DCA 12000 - used exactly for 4 days in the last 6 months - Comes with an extension for float switch - $100
11. 55g rain water barrel - 39" tall, 22.5" diameter - bought used - $30

12. 7 mostly wild cross discus

Despite the size differences, they are healthy pack of discus. PM me with a reasonable price and we can take it from there.
VA Discus - Rose gold 5" - 1
VA Discus - Alenquer cross 5" -2
Mike Troxell - Trombetas X straight line turq 5" - 2
Roy Saric - Alenquer cross 4" - 2

13. 75g stand - $10

achansek

CCA Members
UPDATE:
Available

Reef ready - NO
2. 40g sump with baffles- 20$

3. 120g tank+stand - 40$ pics 6-9

Reef ready - YES

4. 3 x150W glass EHEIM Jager heaters - 2-3 years old - $10 each
5. 1 x 300W glass EHEIM Jager heater - 2 years old - $20
6. SunSun Canister filter with media - 4 years old - $20
7. Jebao CoralBox DCA 12000 - used exactly for 4 days in the last 6 months - Comes with an extension for float switch - $100
8. 55g rain water barrel - 39" tall, 22.5" diameter - bought used - $30
9. 75g stand - $10