• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB Thorichthys

jonclark96

Past CCA President
The less popular variants of thorichthys are not often seen for sale. Sometimes the Wet Spot will get them (mostly from Rusty Wessel's breeding stock), so keep an eye out there - all 3 species are listed as "email me when available". TUIC used to get them on occasion, but I haven't seen them much recently.

FYI - Helleri and Aureum are different fish, not variants of the same fish.

CichlidDan

Members
The less popular variants of thorichthys are not often seen for sale. Sometimes the Wet Spot will get them (mostly from Rusty Wessel's breeding stock), so keep an eye out there - all 3 species are listed as "email me when available". TUIC used to get them on occasion, but I haven't seen them much recently.

FYI - Helleri and Aureum are different fish, not variants of the same fish.
Thanks for the heads up.

bkfamus

CCA Members
Looking for Thorichthys Malcupinnis "Spot Cheek" or Helleri "Gold Aureum". Preferably juveniles.

C CichlidDan I found some more maculipinnis at Cichlid Express (Daytona) https://www.facebook.com/cichlidexpress.. Received a FB DM, but they're adults 4-5"..

I took a chance with Oasis and ordered some of their 2" stock.. 🤞 They have a few notable followers on IG so I'm optimistic.. So far the experience has been very positive with very prompt communication.. I'll let you know how they look upon receipt...

CichlidDan

Members
C CichlidDan I found some more maculipinnis at Cichlid Express (Daytona) https://www.facebook.com/cichlidexpress.. Received a FB DM, but they're adults 4-5"..

I took a chance with Oasis and ordered some of their 2" stock.. 🤞 They have a few notable followers on IG so I'm optimistic.. So far the experience has been very positive with very prompt communication.. I'll let you know how they look upon receipt...
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll wait to see your experience with Oasis.

bkfamus

CCA Members
Thanks for letting me know. I’ll wait to see your experience with Oasis.

got my first purchase from them.. 8 T. maculipinnis looking great!

Excellent and prompt communication, professional packaging, (double bagged, separate bags, heater, styro) overnight shipping via FedEx at very reasonable rate and most importantly great looking, hard to find cichlids.

They're settling in now but out the bag they looked awesome with great color and active.

This is my second go with maculipinnis... the first came from The Wet Spot and were excellent. these are younger but have as much or more color, no torn fins.. overall so far very satisfied..

Last edited: