• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hi and community cichlid question. Would daffodils do ok with platyies, swordtails and Kribs?

Muldoon60

Hi
New member here
Quick daffodil cichlid Would a community tank of platies. Swords and kribs be ok with daffodil cichlids?
Thanks

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Hello, welcome to the club.

The short answer is maybe, but the appropriate answer is that you likely shouldn't try.

Kribs need a different type of water chemistry, though may be able to adapt to the conditions.

Platies and swords might survive with the daffodils, but they will likely get bullied and eventually killed off.

I generally don't have good luck with Daffodil tankmates unless the tank is quite large, but would still try to stick to other Tanganyikans.

Not saying you can't, because I've seen crazier things work, but without proper monitoring and caution you might just be in for a painful experience.

What size tank are you using as the potential community?

Muldoon60

Hello, welcome to the club.

The short answer is maybe, but the appropriate answer is that you likely shouldn't try.

Kribs need a different type of water chemistry, though may be able to adapt to the conditions.

Platies and swords might survive with the daffodils, but they will likely get bullied and eventually killed off.

I generally don't have good luck with Daffodil tankmates unless the tank is quite large, but would still try to stick to other Tanganyikans.

Not saying you can't, because I've seen crazier things work, but without proper monitoring and caution you might just be in for a painful experience.

What size tank are you using as the potential community?
Thanks and appreciate the hospitality
40 Gallon tank
Think for now just will concentrate on pairing some krebs in the tank for possible motherhood

bossanova

Members
Hi
New member here
Quick daffodil cichlid Would a community tank of platies. Swords and kribs be ok with daffodil cichlids?
Thanks
The daffodils would do just fine. Everyone else, not so much especially if there’s any love in the air.