• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So plants that have the best chance of surviving Oscars and sevrums?

Goonie

CCA Members
I will be placing them in the back of my tank behind a web of woven drift wood(hoping a small power head will be able to push the fish poo to my filter on the opposite side cause its gonna be a pain to vac) Any chance for Bolbitus, anubius, jana fern attached to the wood to make it?

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I keep heros severus and have not been able to keep many plants with them. Even plants that I protect the base have their leaves pulled out.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
Yeah you might run into some issues with them "rescaping" the tank and even nibbling on them. I have had pretty good luck with my floaters though

Goonie

CCA Members
Hmm i still may try it, need some hides for the bottom dwellers (fire eel, bichir, lima shovel nose)

FishEggs

your best bet is to plant decoy plants at the same time. something tastier than what you want to plant on the back and a whole lot of them so they can barely swim in the tank. then maybe they will be too busy eating the decoy plants that the others will survive.