• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Paretroplus Menarambo

QuarterMiler

Members
Offered up are my group of 8 Paretroplus Menarambo. These are a Malagasy(Madagascar) cichlid, and they are currently on the IUCN red list as critically endangered. The habitat and numbers of ciclids endemic to that region are in serious danger due to over fishing and environmental issues. The largest of these beauties is approximately 9" TL(pictured), and they can possibly get a few inches larger. M/F ratio is unknown, but I'm pretty confident that there are 2 females that have spawned. They have spawned multiple times, but I have had difficulty keeping the fry alive. Because of those difficulties and the fact that they are endangered, I feel it is critical that offspring should be saved from them to help preserve the species, so that is why I am posting them. So please only reply if you are willing to give the necessary effort to at least try to accomplish that goal. I can give advice as to when they have spawned and the minimal effort it takes to get them to. They are not overly aggressive, even when spawning, and are not picky eaters that require a specialty diet, just feed good quality pellet and flake foods. They will require a large tank, 6' long and 150g minimum, obviously bigger is better. Because they form a heirarchy that can cause problems if the group is broken up, they will be sold together. Even though I have shipped many fish up to about 4", I can only offer local cash pickup in Central NJ at this time because of their size. Shipping would only be an option if the buyer is willing and can pre-arrange something as far as packaging goes. Contact me with any questions. DSC_0020.JPG

Freakgecko

Members
Amazing opportunity for someone, wish I had a tank free!

would recommend posting a price, nearly Everyone on here is in the DMV and Jersey is a hike, but someone may be willing to make the trip given the right price

QuarterMiler

Members
Amazing opportunity for someone, wish I had a tank free!

would recommend posting a price, nearly Everyone on here is in the DMV and Jersey is a hike, but someone may be willing to make the trip given the right price

I didn't even realize that I didn't! I will post another reply.

QuarterMiler

Members
Just bumping up, these guys are still available, and as of yesterday still spawning. I know I'm far from most members, but with restrictions easing a bit, a reasonable offer, a handful of buckets, and a day trip is all it takes to bring them home.