• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Request a goldfish from your Congresshuman?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
agreed. I like the old drawing of the area.....

and why would you produce carp... not many people eat them.

stany

CCA Members
Not now, but in the day? People up the Delaware river eat Shad when they run and taste like cardboard in my humble opinion. Have been told the roe is not bad but I have not the chance to aquire the taste for caviar either.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
agreed. I like the old drawing of the area.....

and why would you produce carp... not many people eat them.

Carp have been grown for food in Asia for literally thousands of years. I’ve never had one, so I can’t speak to it. Restaurants around the Mississippi are trying to create dishes with the Asian Carp so that they can start to put a damper on the species by creating a demand for them.

FishEggs

Carp have been grown for food in Asia for literally thousands of years. I’ve never had one, so I can’t speak to it. Restaurants around the Mississippi are trying to create dishes with the Asian Carp so that they can start to put a damper on the species by creating a demand for them.

I've seen several shows about trying to stop the carp from getting into the lakes. Apparently the taste isn't too bad, it's just a very bony fish.

stany

CCA Members
I've seen some are trying to create a demand for lion fish to protect coral fisheries from them.

Carp when caught in the smaller size less than 10 pounds are great the way my grandfather prepared them. He would fillet them and remove a dark lateral vein and any darker meat. Soak them in fresh water in the fridge, until water was clear. he then would boil it until white and flaky. Strain all water out and then make them into crab cakes, most people couldn't tell what they were. The Asian carps back straps are very good and are becoming a dish in the mid-west, Snake Heads from here in the Chesapeake Bay area are awesome, I have had several that were caught in southern Maryland, very white non-fish tasting meat.