• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Corydoras venezuelanus

Becca

Members
I have a nice spawning group (7 or 8) of C. venezuelanus that seem to feel extra randy during hurricane season. These guys are robust and, IMO, colorful. They're easy to keep, active, and generally delightful. This time of year, they're also easy BAP points. They'd be a great starter for someone who is trying to breed Corys for the first time. I'm already overrun with their offspring this year and I'd like to free up some space to work on some newer/touchier projects.

If the barometric pressure is changing, these guys will spawn with or without a water change, with or without rain water, usually in temperatures between 70 and 78. Just feed them right and keep some filters bubbling. They usually spawn late-morning through late-afternoon and you can either move adults to a new tank or scrape eggs off of glass/decor and put them in a tank or breeder box with decent current. They hatch in 2-4 days and can eat microworms or decapsulated brine shrimp eggs once the yolk sac is absorbed.

$40 for the group.

Pickup in Damascus, MD or delivery to the September meeting.

rich_one

Members
Becca, would these do well in a 55 gallon aquarium? If so, I'm interested. I've read they like cooler waters, which means they could be great for my astroloheros sp. red ceibals and Buenos aires tetras that I am getting soon. Thanks!

-Rich

Becca

Members
Becca, would these do well in a 55 gallon aquarium? If so, I'm interested. I've read they like cooler waters, which means they could be great for my astroloheros sp. red ceibals and Buenos aires tetras that I am getting soon. Thanks!

-Rich
They'll be fine. I've kept them in everything from 10 gallons to 150.

Becca

Members
Bump. I'd really like to free up this tank space for other projects. Not to mention, I'm overrun with fry. Heck, I'll throw in some of the larger fry to whoever buys the parents.

Note - if I throw these in a community tank, I will not be pulling them out for anyone. Catching them out of a bare 10 is one thing. Catching them out of a fully scaped 55 is not happening.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Mine, like so many of my other cories, spawned once, then said "Screw you, dude!".

Blaise

Becca

Members
Mine, like so many of my other cories, spawned once, then said "Screw you, dude!".

Blaise
Mine DO.NOT.STOP.... at least not at this time of year. They pause spring-to-summer but then go nonstop late summer through winter (depending on whether winter is just wet and rainy, or actually winter).

Becca

Members
BUMP

If you're going to GWAPA on Saturday you will be 7 minutes from my house and I could probably even deliver them to you there.