• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How to remove dried up algae inside tank

Eyeguy05

Members
whats the easiest and safest way to remove the dried up algae on a recently drained tank? I tried a scraper but I don't want to scratch the glass.

chriscoli

Administrator
If the tank is empty, you can also try a product called Barkeeper's Friend. It's got a little bit of scrub, and will remove hard water deposits. It's safe for glass and rinses well. Just make sure you completely rinse it out when you're done.

Rasta Fish

Members
If this this fresh water fill it up with water and clean with a scrubbie pad it once its soaked ...
If this is saltwater then you may need other stuff i have used detergent to remove saltwater algae

stany

CCA Members
I used a $2.00 auto inspection sticker remover from Pep Boys with a razor blade to clean a couple year old tank that was left to dry out by my stepson. Spraying a little water on it seemed to help. I still use this to remove any new outbreaks.