• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So many scuds...

IndianaSam

CCA Members
932C623D-8D7B-4A61-A796-D351C0CDE2DC.jpeg Somehow they were introduced to my Ancistrus tank, who don’t eat them at all. I feed lots of squash, green beans and peas to the BNs, which the scuds seem to love.

I’m thinking of setting up two 10 gallon tanks to purposely culture them, but I’m happy to use a baster to suck them up and feed my other tanks.

Anyone have any experience with culturing scuds?

Becca

Members
View attachment 19373 Somehow they were introduced to my Ancistrus tank, who don’t eat them at all. I feed lots of squash, green beans and peas to the BNs, which the scuds seem to love.

I’m thinking of setting up two 10 gallon tanks to purposely culture them, but I’m happy to use a baster to suck them up and feed my other tanks.

Anyone have any experience with culturing scuds?
Sam. I will trade you those kribs for 50 scuds.

chriscoli

Administrator
I’ve got a culture of scuds started. They like plant material (and vegetables) a lot especially after it starts to decompose so I put my excess plant trimmings in their tank.

I may try using them as a clean up crew with my Plecos now that you’ve mentioned it, thank you for the idea!

lkelly

Members
I'm really confused.

scud-missile-3d-max_D.jpg

FishEggs

if you can spare a few more i would like some scuds to try to start a culture. Preferably the biological kind.