• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Cyprichromis tankmates

QuarterMiler

Members
I would think Paracyps would work Dan, but they will stay generally near the top as well. Maybe a smaller sand sifter or shellie for the bottom and a rock/cave dweller like julies or Calvus?

CichlidDan

Members
I would think Paracyps would work Dan, but they will stay generally near the top as well. Maybe a smaller sand sifter or shellie for the bottom and a rock/cave dweller like julies or Calvus?
Thanks for the suggestions! what small sand sifters and Shellies work best with cyps?I had multies with them but they kept on attacking them so I separated them.

stany

CCA Members
I would think with cyprichromis being fairly peaceful and mid-water dwellers with gold ocellatus could work. Gold ocellatus will defend their preferred shells against any sized interloper and make sure you have 2 shells for each fish.

CichlidDan

Members
I would think with cyprichromis being fairly peaceful and mid-water dwellers with gold ocellatus could work. Gold ocellatus will defend their preferred shells against any sized interloper and make sure you have 2 shells for each fish.
Thanks might give them a try

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
Shellies would probably be fine, I would not mix paracips with them as they occupy the same tank space and you would need a bigger(longer) tank. Julie's would be fine. Zeno's(sand shifters/bottom dwellers)would be a good choice also. CCA member "Troyale" has a couple of large community tanks with all of the above, I just looked at them today while picking up some fish at his house. Good luck

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I recently say Troy's tanks also, and they are very interesting communities that seem to work well together, he'd be a good person to visit or ask about thoughts. He might also have some stuff available for sale that would work for you.

Freakgecko

Members
Thanks for the suggestions! what small sand sifters and Shellies work best with cyps?I had multies with them but they kept on attacking them so I separated them.
Multies are doing great btw! Just moved them from a 10 to a 33L and they are bold as all can be! Was adding plants to the tank and they couldn’t care less! Lol