• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New 125!

LaurenH

Members
Looking for tips on stocking/compatibility for my new 125. I want to move my Julidochromis marlieri, neolamprologus brevis, juvenile cyprichromis utintas, and the lone caudopunk to this tank and get rid of the old tank they're in.

What else can I safely add to this group? I already plan to add some adult utintas in from another tank so I have a nice-sized school, but I'd like something that lives in the middle zone of the tank.

Robinhud

CCA Members
You might want to try 1 male Christmas Hap or other fine hap but would not place a pair because you would have breeding nest struggles. You have a really nice tank setup, I would be very careful about what you place in there. I would only place a herbivore and only a male. I am not sure but several acei might work they are open water fish. Rarely use the bottom 1/3rd of the tank and so far have shown no inclination to feed on babies. The drawback is they do get large, males are upwards of 7 inches. There colors of yellow and blue/black are very attractive.

LaurenH

Members
Looking for tips on stocking/compatibility for my new 125. I want to move my Julidochromis marlieri, neolamprologus brevis, juvenile cyprichromis utintas, and the lone caudopunk to this tank and get rid of the old tank they're in.

What else can I safely add to this group? I already plan to add some adult utintas in from another tank so I have a nice-sized school, but I'd like something that lives in the middle zone of the tank.

Also- I'm not sure if I can add a second type of shellie in there with the brevis? Figured it might be ok if I made one colony at each end of the tank? I've had my eye on those gold ocellatus for awhile.

No comments on the mid-zone? In my experience, brichardi and leleupi stress out the juvenile utintas, and the brevis seem to really hate the caudopunk...

LiluDallas

Chairpersons
Staff member
Also- I'm not sure if I can add a second type of shellie in there with the brevis? Figured it might be ok if I made one colony at each end of the tank? I've had my eye on those gold ocellatus for awhile.

No comments on the mid-zone? In my experience, brichardi and leleupi stress out the juvenile utintas, and the brevis seem to really hate the caudopunk...
This just blew my mind. How do you setup a colony on a specific side. Sound like expert talk here(newbie).

Jim Anderson

CCA Members
The 125 Sound nice Lauren,
You can get a neolamprologus Tretocepheus or a gold Neolamprologus Sexfasciatus depending on what color variety you want. I have one of each in my 125 and they are perfect for the middle area of the tank. Do not get a pair though as if they spawn they can take over most of the tank. I bought each variety of mine a few years apart. Good luck.

IMG_1767.JPG

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Your Julidochromis are mid water fish, at least mine tended to be. If you stack caves/rocks they will operate where there are hiding spots.