• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Big Fish Deal 2018

Jay

CCA Members
Let me know when I can purchase my table for 2018. Looking forward to this event.

Jay
Cichlids Are Special

Jay

CCA Members
Sounds Good. I hope this event is successful for both CAs and the CCA like it has been over the years.

stany

CCA Members
I keep missing this event due to prior commitments. I am leaving for a cruise on Saturday morning. Do vendors set up early on Friday that I can do some shopping?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Most vendors will set up early afternoon or evening, partly because check in isn't until early afternoon, so they don't have somewhere to keep the rest of their stuff unless they check in on thursday.

stany

CCA Members
May take a shot on a Friday night ticket. I missed this last year because of funeral in CA. Would love to buy WYSIWYG.

Acara19

CCA Members
Few quick questions:
- when is the next big fish deal? (date)
- where is the next big fish deal? will it be at the same hotel as this year?

FishEggs

Look up at the top menu directly under the CCA page header and select the "Big Fish Deal" tab and it will take you to the BFD page with all the info you need.

Tickets and tables are now available for registration.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Few quick questions:
- when is the next big fish deal? (date)
- where is the next big fish deal? will it be at the same hotel as this year?
It's the first weekend in march, it's the 2nd through the 4th.

The event is at a new hotel, the hilton in Rockville.

Acara19

CCA Members
I don't really need to book a hotel room... I live under an hour away :) i think. I'm not to good with estimating car ride times.

FishEggs

I thought that the first year I went to the BFD. I made sure to book a room the next year and I will again this year. There's so much more that goes on around the event that you can take part in when you don't have to worry about driving back and forth.
If you can afford to, I recommend staying at the hotel.
Now if you are under 30 minutes away then you're one lucky guy and do you have a spare room? :)

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I don't really need to book a hotel room... I live under an hour away :) i think. I'm not to good with estimating car ride times.
I live just over an hour away, but I always stay at least one of the two nights. I'd likely stay both nights, but I usually have to go back home to pick up fish I'm bringing to the event.

On saturday, the normal activities don't end until 10:30, or 11PM. In the past we've broken down the auction racks and emptied tanks, which could take until at least midnight. This year we may leave them up, but there's still plenty going on in the hotel. I think most years I stayed up until at least 2AM just hanging out with people and enjoying the company, I think I've seen people up as late as 5AM.

It's nice to have a place to store fish or supplies, or just take a break if you're feeling tired during the day. I also like being able to lay down as soon as I'm done hanging out with people, an hour drive after a long day of event activities will feel a lot longer at that point.

Acara19

CCA Members
I mean the reason I didn't stay at the hotel last year was 1. I went the first day just really quick to see what was going on, also to see Joey, (I was honestly there to see him, when I saw it was at a familiar location) and 2. I went the second day cuz that was when everything was on sale. That's when I got my rio esmeraldas gold acaras.
also I had something else to do that day... If there's something to do on a weekend (cca meeting, reptile expo, bfd, b-day party, etc) I plan for it, then when I go I usually go at most till 3-4 pm. after that I either have to do something after or my mom goes to work. (I'm under 18, can't really do anything without my parents)

Maybe one day I'll get myself a table. Is there an age restriction to who can rent a table?
Here's a list of what I might have:
what I have breeding now:
-
white mickey mouse platy
what I plan to breed:
-marbled honduran red point from Rapps
-variatus platies
-Maybe guppy and molly hybrid (not any time soon)

FishEggs

Would like to make this event do i need a ticket to attend, don't need room only 45 minutes to 1 hour away

Yes. Select the Big Fish Deal tab in the main menu and it takes you to the BFD web page. Then click on the Register tab and it will give you ticket options to purchase.