• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Festae fry

RampageRR

Members
Looking to sell my group of approximately 50-60 festae fry (ranging from 3/4"-1.25"), a little over 2 months old. My pair just spawned again, and I'm afraid they're going to clean this batch out before the new one hatches. I don't have a fry tank to move them to, as I just picked up a group of umbee growouts.

I'm in Martinsburg, WV, which is about an hour's drive from Northern Virginia and maybe an hour and 15 mins from Montgomery County in MD.

I'd like to sell the entire group to someone by this weekend, if at all possible. I'd just be looking for $125 for the entire group, so about $2 apiece. Just shoot me a PM if interested. Thanks!

Some pics of the parents (male from Jeff Rapps and female I believe from Wet Spot) along with fairly recent fry sizes:

y4mPC5ExUDwdQk4pePYhvYKGRocJb_iqZ3bJ2nqtdaGwizygvH-YJdN0ALmA9SmVDWqWrj08PsPiLYbWwO7e-ooOSWBFSN75IC_tbY29GapKrb5uN-5NLZJeO2-1wc2huBVamE42hsix6OCPMqV42sKrHReRi_eczHyCYplDRafoOKJx2rSNm60XqBD0QFgWpvxY7R71KJ2CzEd0P9FreAyHQ

y4mE1AQYQM_u6K-XYbtdavYkuivT8U5f5OzalqI9-nQDjjOZRgyn0YBxkZV423N5fp1KhbuKEcEWUv2ex1UKwfsxCfqti8FyAiIdVB7csV7esY3NeTbWQKWDdWMk_EgA6Ihq2kG9pShZrPTZuU3OpYjUxU3j7vcfZDs0ftigG2EWD_5OH1cdxidZMKkGTP5HQKnPv0ISVRjk5Pcdjy7hRjVYg

y4mmVz8-Xqx0D-qEyf9ci9vaV4VEdoum7O3EoIqVnZrbWEkJJb8eZ_RILzKm3FMDrXzFfxoUS71CmGoBzTXBgjN0L4xEJley-MTrNdE-yRZPQRQvwD9zou9jXRqKt0uVp4hxSYUr91TwY034wwKbsrGsCZkaSgzwbn0GWlxM5_3jXvihcRvn5NCik_GOFgS-VbwHmIhzsQyZsgxX2y2VfoQLw

Video of the parents with the last group of fry - the group for sale now is a comparable size to the ones in this video. Make sure you change the settings in the video to 720/60 to see them more clearly - default 480p is terrible quality:

RampageRR

Members
Lowering the price - if someone can take the whole group, I'll do $75. This is probably only good for the next couple of days, before the next group hatches and they're gone.

I may be able to meet up depending on where you are for a small gas fee, so feel free to PM me to see if we can work out a meet point. Thanks!

AquaStudent

Members
Hope you're able to find someone to grab these.
The large, aggressive New world cichlids are so difficult to find homes for

RampageRR

Members
Hope you're able to find someone to grab these.
The large, aggressive New world cichlids are so difficult to find homes for

Thanks! These have been sold.

Agreed, these larger fish definitely require a buyer willing to dedicate a large tank to a small amount of fish. They're 100% worth the space (if available) in my opinion.

Anyone interested in the next group (just hatched last night), please feel free to PM me.

RampageRR

Members
The next group is about the same size as the original post, probably a decent bit larger. I have somewhere in the range of 90-120 of them at the moment - hard to get an accurate count in a 125 gallon.

If anyone's interested in the whole group, or even half of the group, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

RampageRR

Members
Updated video of the current group - not the greatest quality video but it does show their size. If anyone's interested and wants a better video or pics, just let me know and i can get that for you. I'd like to get this group sold fairly soon, as the pair is starting to show signs of wanting to breed again. That's why I have them separated with the divider at the moment.

RampageRR

Members
I have about 30-35 left from this group, most ranging in the .75" to 1.5" range. They're hardy at this size and eating everything in sight. They should continue to grow fairly quickly from here (for festae).

If anyone's interested in the group, please shoot me a PM. I would be asking $90 for the whole bunch.

I'd also be open to trades for less common plecos (mostly looking at plecos that have a max size of over 9-10" and up), and possibly for a larger canister filter setup like an FX5 or 6 (plus cash on my end obviously for an FX6). Thanks!

RampageRR

Members
If anyone's interested, make me an offer on the group of 30-40 (looks to be about 40 in total, but I can hang on to 5-10 or so to grow out in a smaller tank if that helps any).

I need the tank space to be freed up soon if at all possible, as we just put our house on the market.

RampageRR

Members
Do the tanks come with the house?

No, but if I can consolidate my tanks down to just a couple rather than several separate tanks for fry/fish/etc, it both helps the house look better when showing for sale, and also helps make the actual moving/transport easier. I'd rather not leave everything as-is until the day of the move if at all possible, if that makes sense.