• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

The start of the fish room remodel.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I really like them better than the originals. These are the +. They have the different color choices and I like that they are remote so they all change at the same time. The hardest thing is the programming of the remotes.
I think they put out a great amount of light.

I think I have 10 of them so far. I need a lot more of them. LOL
I like the way my tank color looks with them.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wow, I haven't posted since August.
Sorry, I have sort of lost interest over the last few months. I have been maintaining
the room and fish but not much work has been done and I have not collected any fry in a while.

So time for an update.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Wow, I haven't posted since August.
Sorry, I have sort of lost interest over the last few months. I have been maintaining
the room and fish but not much work has been done and I have not collected any fry in a while.

So time for an update.

I guess that was not exactly right since I did build that stand. LOL

The next thing I really need to work on is the top row. I need to move and install a bunch of 10's. I need them to separate more males for the BFD. I only about 30 colored up so far. Need the 10's set up to get them out of the grow out tanks

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
There are a bunch of old tanks on the other side of the room that I need to get rid of.

I think there are
6 55gallon tanks. (one has frame split on top)
2 40gallon long
2 33 gallon long
1 30 gallon
possibly a 20 high or two
possibly a 40 breeder

Now these tanks are used, old and painted. They are not drilled.
They are not clean and are not show tanks.......

I want to empty this area out soon.
They are free.
You must help get them out of basement and you must come and get them.

In about 3 weeks, what is left will be delivered to the landfill.

I live in Forest Hill Maryland
About 30 minutes North East of Baltimore.

captmicha

Members
There are a bunch of old tanks on the other side of the room that I need to get rid of.

I think there are
6 55gallon tanks. (one has frame split on top)
2 40gallon long
2 33 gallon long
1 30 gallon
possibly a 20 high or two
possibly a 40 breeder

Now these tanks are used, old and painted. They are not drilled.
They are not clean and are not show tanks.......

I want to empty this area out soon.
They are free.
You must help get them out of basement and you must come and get them.

In about 3 weeks, what is left will be delivered to the landfill.

I live in Forest Hill Maryland
About 30 minutes North East of Baltimore.
Have they been taken yet? Still interested.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The 2 33gal are gone.
I have someone else coming for a bunch but with the cold weather I put them on hold. Did not want someone to go through the trouble of coming all the way up here, only to have them shrink in the back of the truck due to single digit temperatures. I’m sure that would cause a leak.
So all are on hold for another week until they come up and get what they want.
I will then put it up again.

In the mean time I am taking a bunch of the new tanks back down and trying to seal up the bulkheads better. I keep getting puddles.
I am then moving them to their final spot and filling with either holding females or colored males for the BFD.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Only thing I have been doing in the room of late is separating males and lots and lots of water changes to keep everyone in shape.

After the BFD my plan is to get back to pulling fry and working on the incoming water supply. I hope to get this thing done soon.
I still have room for about 5 more tanks in there but may wait until after the water thing is finished since I will have plenty of space for fry after the BFD swap meet....
I hope.

rawdeakka

Members
Enjoyed reading this post from start... wish i could get some of the photos to work. Unsure if its my computer or not but nice work Pat.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
That would be my fault.

I let my photobucket account expire. They raised the price and I did not see the need.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
Great videos and great fishroom. I can’t wait until my kids are out of the house I can finally do something like that. Only 7 years to go!