• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pittsburgh and York Road Trips?

Sonny Disposition

Hi all. I'm speaking at the CCY on Saturday the 24th and again at the Pittsburgh club's meeting the last Friday in July. If anyone would like to ride along for either trip, let me know. Last year, we went to the Pittsburgh meeting in June and had a blast. That would be an overnight, with, perhaps, a stop at a LFS before heading back to DC the next Saturday.

dogofwar

CCA Members
My son Hunter and I made a little road trip up to the CCY meeting today to see Bob's presentation on Sunfish and get a little sunshine on the way (was a great day to put the top down!)...

Bob gave a great overview of different types of large, medium, small and really small sunfish species and their care, breeding and other information. While they're not closely related convergent evolution has given sunfish a variety of characteristics like cichlids. He even gave some tips on where to catch different species locally.

The auction was also a blast. I came home with a big bucket of plastic plants but others got some nice breeding groups of peacocks and mbuna for way too little. Some great fish in the auction: a group of 12 Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor, some Callochromis stappersi, some groups of Neolamp multifasciatus (and shells) and Lamprologus tretacephalus (tank raised!)...

The new meeting location is nice - right next to a fishing pond! It will be a nice location for their July 29 club BBQ.

If you haven't visited CCY, you should. Great people with a great club. I'm a member!

Matt